Chapter 26

Zane's POV:

For peep's sake, this boy simply cannot stop saying dumb comments.

Xandra told me that he was a playful soul at heart, but she forgot to mention that he was also a foolish soul at heart.

Blasted girl.

"You look younger. Way younger. I mean, you were like twenty-six in MCD and that shouldn't make much of a difference but man, you look like you could be younger than me." Brendan stops to take in a deep breath, scan me from toe to forehead and laugh.

I resist the urge to strangle him. Or strangle Xandra for leaving me here with him.

"Now, behave Zane. You just got out of the hospital and you need to lay low for awhile," Xandra had told me a few days ago, sitting across from me at the kitchen table. The world around us was in a frenzy of pillows thrown at Gerald while Myra's phone had lite up with calls from the doctor, but her emerald green eyes had firmly stayed on mine. And it was getting rather uncomfortable. "Brendan's a bit... er... weird at first, but just don't kill him for me, please?"

I resist the urge to smirk, a dark gleam in my eyes. Oh, don't worry, I won't kill him... Yet.

"It's crazy how Xandra somehow managed to bend time and space and even the physical attributes of matter to bring you from the computer to real life- or rather, MCD is actually a world somewhere far far away and she just transported you here with her magicks... crazy." He laughs at his own stupid observation.

I grit my teeth, gripping onto the edge of the chair with my fingers and hoping that will distract me from the growing desire to kick him out of the window. "Get serious here, boy. Get back to topic."

Brendan suddenly seems to realize that he was talking nonsense and straightens his posture in his chair. He clears his throat. "Sorry about that. It's just... everything's so crazy and unbelievable. You don't often see this happening in this world- at all."

I frown at this even though Xandra mentioned before that there is no much thing as magicks. "No magicks at all? Not a single flicker of divine warriors or supremes in this world?"

He leans against his chair, staring at the ceiling as he starts explaining in a slow tone. "Well, it's a rather difficult subject to handle. As far as we are concerned, there is no such thing as magicks- or magic powers in human beings, or at least that's what the scientists say. We rely heavily on science to prove things wrong or right. But not all are like that. There is religion- the belief in one or more god. So you could count that as a divine being although God is not a human.

"Anyways, there has been no solid proof of magic being alive on Earth if you exclude the religion factor. There have been events of supernatural and the Witch Hunt in the 1980s and the few people out there who claim to see ghosts or spirits, but there has been no clear evidence of any possible magic on Earth..."

I raise my eyebrow at him, hiding my surprise. For someone who could talk like he was a child, he sure knew his facts. "So Xandra is the first real known evidence of magicks..."

"I wouldn't say the first, but yes, that seems fitting enough." Brendan sighs, tapping his fingers on the desk. "Anyways, we are getting way off topic here. You do realize that I'm still your therapist."

"Why would I forget?" I ask in a sarcastic tone, hoping to hide my absolute disgust at this whole entire idea. It isn't Brendan that I'm concerned about, it's... me, Zane Ro'meave of Ok'hasis, sitting in this game-decorated room and waiting for something to happen- something to cure me of my "emotional breakdowns".