4. -Starbucks Lovers-

It's 7:00 pm when Connor and James met in front of Starbucks. "I didn't think you'll come" James uttered as they entered the shop. "I got nothing else to do anyway" he replied and then smiled at him. The young lad just finished an afternoon Skype session with Ben and Jamie. As his two friends wanted to check up on him to see if he's still 'alive'.

 Connor misses them so much but he has no choice other than make adjustments to his new life without them.

 "How are you?" James then asked him.

 "I'm good .. really good" Connor lied and then proceeded to ask the young teacher what he's feeling, in hopes of diverting the conversation.

 "I'm alright .. but a bit bothered"

 "Why?"

 "You"

 "Me?'

"Yeah"

 "Why?" Connor asked as his heart started beating fast. This is not good, his teacher can't fall for him, he just can't.

--

 "Smitten" maybe that's the word to describe James's feeling towards Connor, he can't explain how the young lad can't be removed from his thoughts. He's always there.

 "I gotta be honest, I can't stop thinking about you"

 "Then find a way to stop .. please" Connor answered in a whispering manner. "I know it's wrong .. I'm sorry but if there's any way to stop I would already have... Connor, are you scared?"

 "Scared of what?"

  "Of everyone finding out"

 "James .. sir .. James ... shit I don't even know what to call you. If they find out about us then we're good as dead"

 "They won't .. I just .. I just wanna know you"

 "Let's start as friend's then?"

 "Yeah. I'd like that" James replied and then smiled at him. The young lad then took a deep breath, hoping that he's not making a bad decision. he likes James if he's being honest, he just doesn't like the whole dating-your-teacher thing.

 "Can I just ask you something?"

 "What is it James .. sir"

 "You call me James if you want"

 "Alright. So what's the question?"

 "What we're you doing at that bar?"

 "Send off party for my friends"

 "They all left?"

 "Yeah. For college. I'm the only one left"

 "How about Tristan, he's also your friend right?"

 "I guess you can say that"

 ---

 Connor doesn't even know why he's telling James all these things about himself. He didn't even noticed that a lot of time already passed by. he's enjoying his company so much that he almost forgotten about the entire world.

 Thanks to his 8:30 evening alarm for sleep, Connor finally noticed that it's time to go home.

 "Is everything alright?" James asked.

 "Yeah it is. I have to go home. It's getting late" the young lad replied as he stood up. "Alright, let's go" James followed and they walked outside the shop. The cold evening air blew right on their face, causing shivers all over their body.

 "I can't believe a few months from now and it's Christmas again" James commented while tehy're walking down the street.

 "Me too" Connor replied and then smiled at him.

 "So I'll see you around?" James asked the young lad.

 "Of course , you see me in school everyday"

 "No .. I mean .. like this"

 "Like us?"

 "Exactly"

 "We'll see " the young replied and smirked at him. James then smiled as they parted ways. Connor sighed, he's worried ... afraid rather .. to fall in love with someone like James. With someone that is almost as good as Ben. He doesn't want his heart get broken but at the same time he needs someone to take care of him.

 And the young teacher might just be it.

---

 James is walking home when he got a text. It's from his former girlfriend Melissa.

 "Are you at home?" she asked through text.

 "Not yet" he replied.

 "Can you meet us at 7th downtown street ?"

 "Us? who's with you?"

 "Mason, you're son"

 James heart jumped and so he decided to just call her. "What's wrong with you?" he asked Melissa. "Do you wanna see your son or not?" she asked.

 "I do. But can't you wait till tomorrow morning?"

 "I can't. I have a flight later"

 "Fine I'll be there"

--

that's it for this short chapter guys ^^ .. uh oh James has a son, how is it gonna affect his budding relationship with Connor?