36.-Parental Guidance-

"I don't know what to do anymore" James told his Mum after driving there in the middle of the morning. He was only given a few minutes to talk with Connor before he was asked to leave.

"Why did you lie to us? to everyone?"  Mrs. McVey asked her son. James closed his eyes and told her that he knew this would happen. "Son? How irresponsible can you be? If you knew this would happen then you should have had a relationship with him in the first place. James you can go to jail .. and if you do, who would take care of Mason? would you let Melissa take him away?"

 Hearing those words from his mother made him tear up immediately. The young teacher knew he got blinded by his feelings for Connor and that stopped him from thinking about the possible consequences of their relationship. And now they came in this moment, and the thought of losing Connor has never felt so real.

 "What am I gonna do?" he asked.

 His mother then hugged him and whispered "You know exactly what to do . Make things right".

 "What if I go to jail?"

 "You will not. I will do everything to keep you out of there. But James?"

 "What?"

  'I think you should quit your job"

---

Connor's parents came to school to personally talk to the principal and bring him home. As soon as the young lad got back to his own house, he started walking towards his room ... only to be called back by his mom.

 "What?" he asked.

 "Where are you going? we still need to talk"

 "I'll just change clothes"

 "You can do that later. Come down here"

 Connor let out a sigh before going back to the living room. As soon as he sat on the couch right in front of his parents , he was asked by his mother if he knew this would happen.

 "Kinda" he replied while still keeping his head down. Connor knows that at some point, this has to happen. he just never expected that it would come so fast.

 "You embarrassed yourself Connor ... everyone will be talking about you and that teacher ... you might have just ruined your life"

 "Mum I know ... no need to remind me"

 "Con" he heard his Dad say.

 "Son you have to know that we're not angry at you, we're just disappointed with the choices you made over the past few months. Me and your Mum accepted your sexuality granted that you will still have a child one way or another. But what happened to you right now blurs all the lines. Dating your teacher is never a good thing in the first place ... and what makes it worse is that you're both lads. What would they say once it reaches that national news? You and James aren't the only one who's gonna get affected .. all of the people around you will experience the same storm that you're going through"

"Dad? Does this mean I will never set foot in that school again?"

 "I'm afraid so ... but actually it's worse ...all of us will move somewhere else"

 After hearing that, Connor stood up from the couch and walked back to his room .. ignoring his mother's calls.

---

Tris and Brad had to settle aside their differences in order for them to be able to help Connor and James. The curly haired lad went to James's apartment while Tris visited Connor.

 "How are you?" he asked his classmate as soon as Connor let him in.

 "Bummed .. brokenhearted ... I don't know anymore"

 "Just so you know , Brad came to check on James" Tris whispered while Con's parents are in the kitchen.

 "Thank you" he replied just as his phone started ringing.

 "Ben?" he heard him asked. Tris just sat there as Connor gave his friend his choice of words. Judging by the tone of his voice, Tris knew Ben had something to do with the situation. Maybe he's the one who exposed them.

 "Don't ever call me again. I hate you" Connor uttered before ending the call. The young lad then looked at him. Tris extended his arms and Connor hugged him right away before he started breaking down.

 "It's gonna be fine" the blonde haired lad whispered even though he know it wouldn't.

---

Later that day, James came back to hsi apartment after leaving his son to his parents. He quickly wrote a resignation letter and drove to school where he caught the principal as he's leaving his office.

 "I thought you know you're suspended form coming here?" the principal asked.

 "I'm sorry ... I just have to give you this" he replied before showing his resignation letter.

 "Is this?"

 "Yes, I want to resign immediately"

---

that's it for this part guys ^^. last 4 chapters :D