6. -Best Mistake-

Right at that moment, James knew he has to come clean to Connor about everything.  "I can explain" he told the young lad while Mason is still busy picking up his candies. "Of course you can James ... how can you forget to tell that me you have a child?" Connor asked, looking at the young teacher straight to the eyes.

 "That's why I told you I'm going to explain. Now if you'd accompany me and Mason back to my apartment I can tell you everything you wanna know"

 "I don't want to"

 "Someone might see us"

 "Please Connor" James begged and after a few moments, the young lad finally agreed to. After the young teacher paid for Mason's candies, the tree of them got out of the shop and started walking towards his apartment.

 James can't help but notice how uncomfortable Connor is, thankfully Mason is there to make things better.

 "Candy?" he offered

 "No thanks" Connor replied and then  smiled at Mason.

 "He likes you" James whispered and so the young lad asked him to repeat what he just said.

 "I said he likes you"

  "How do you know?"

 "Mason doesn't talk to strangers"

 "The kid has candies , he's happy"

 "Still. He never talked to anyone outside his family ... except for his best friend"

 "And I suppose you're gonna say that's a good thing"

 "Yeah. If you're gonna be his future guardian" James replied and so Connor threw him a candy, and it hit the young teacher right on his head.

---

 Fifteen minutes later, they reached James's apartment. The young lad's eyes widened as he saw how beautiful his pad is.

 "Nice place" he uttered as he looked around.

 "Thanks" James then replied and let Mason run  off to his room. As soon as little McVey is gone, Connor immediately to explain everything.

 "Don't you want something to drink first?" James asked.

 "I'm good. Explain"

 "Fine .. so where do I start?"

 "Anywhere"

 "I was 18 when I found out I got my girlfriend pregnant"

 "What's her name?"

 "Melissa"

 "It's a good thing that we were about to graduate when she found out  .. at least she was able to march. I'm not the only one who's happy , my entire family is very supportive .. they're excited to see the baby. But"

 "But what?"

 "Melissa had something else in plan. I just found out one morning that her whole family moved away"

 Connor's heart immediately broke for him as soon as he heard those words.

 "She did that?" the young lad asked and so he nodded.

 "If you're gonna ask me if I tried to find her the answer is 'yes' . My entire family did, but we're unsuccessful , we heard a lot of rumors about her whereabouts ... but we know she's not in any of those places. Time passed by and I learned to move on"

 "How did you see her again?"

  "I went back to my hometown after college and  saw Melissa and this little boy playing in the park"James then replied. Connor can see that he's getting emotional and so he asked the young teacher if he wants to stop right there.

 "No it's alright , you deserve to know everything" he replied as he started to sob a bit.

 "I was mad at her but as soon as she introduced Mason to me I knew my life changed forever"

  Connor can't help but smile at the words he just said. Right there, he saw how amazing James is and can now understand why he didn't tell him right away.

 "I hope you understand why I did not tell you right away ... I really like you Connor .. I don't want you to get turned off by that"

 "Me? no it didn't" the young lad replied as he smiled at James , everything is becoming crystal clear now. 

---

 James is more than thankful at Connor for understanding, the young lad felt the need to hug him tightly and so he hugged him back. The two then went to his room and Mason sleeping on James's bed.

 "He's cute" Connor uttered

 "He is" James replied, smiling.

 "Mason is really important to you huh?" Connor then asked.

 "Of course Connor ... Mason is the result of my best mistake .. I will cherish him forever"

 "That's good"

 James then looked and Connor and knew deep inside he's falling head over heels for him.

--

that's it for this part Guys :D