10. -The Story Of Us-

Connor looked on as James and Ben stared at each other for a full moment. That's when the young lad realized that whatever they had before, it sure did was special. Judging by the intensity between the two older guys, it's pretty obvious that there are still unsettled issues.

 "Hey Ben" the young lad greeted , successfully breaking the seriously awkward silence that  surrounded the room.  His recent ex then looked at him and acknowledge his existence. "Do you want a taco as well?" Connor asked as he lead Ben to the chair that is on the opposite side of  the couch.

 "Yes please" he replied and so the youngest lad went to the kitchen and prepared another serving. Deep inside, Connor is genuinely worried ... he never thought that James and Ben knew each other, let alone they actually dated each other. "What are the chances" he thought to himself while stuffing the shell with a couple of shredded lettuce.

 It took Connor a few minutes to finish assembling another batch. He carried the wide ass plate and started  making his way back to the living room but had to stop on his track since he heard James and Ben talking to each other.

---

 "So small world huh?" James asked Ben as soon as they were left alone in the living room. The young teacher never thought in a million years that they'll see each other again. What he and Ben had is a product of their carelessness. They were both really young at the time and also both confused with their sexual identities. The perfect recipe for a beautiful disaster.

 The young lads first met at the town park.

 There's this one particular morning in the middle of summer that changed everything James knew about himself. Just one single kick on the soccer ball and Ben walked in on his life. He was playing with his friends when he unintentionally kicked the ball so hard that it hit a young lad who is just walking by.

 James rushed to the younger boy that he unfortunately hit. The young teacher still remembers how innocent Ben looked like back then, if there's a male version for the term "Ms. Goody Two Shoes" then that would be him.

 James must have felt so sorry for Ben that he invited him to play with his friends. Ben, who just turned 15 at the time agreed to. That morning was the start of their everything.

 He knew there is something so special about Ben that he just have to keep him around. And as time pass by, they got to know each other on a much deeper level. After one month of being friends, Ben opened up about his 'slight confusion' He initially thought that James would abandon and ridicule him for it but he's wrong.

 Much to Ben's surprise, James told him that he's feeling the same.

 That moment made their friendship stronger. And it served as the catalyst for them to take their feelings to another level. It took some time though ... summer is over and the academic year already started but still , they're nothing but 'close friends'.

 Curiosity and Experimentation lead to this one rainy night. The night where they first did it. The night where James owned Ben and Ben made James his property.

 Life is never easy for kids their age, Confusion ... peer pressure .. puberty .. they're hurling at them all at once.

 The two continued to see each other for a few more weeks, well until they are caught making out by Ben's father. He's so mad at the both of them that he almost beat his son to death. As soon as James's family found out about it and the impending lawsuit that Ben's parents will file, they moved out of town and vowed not to come back just to avoid any legal battle their son might face.

 The young teacher remembered those days when he tried to contact Ben but he did not answer. Thankfully the old saying is true , time really does heal all wounds. They both learned how to forget.

 "Small world indeed, what have you been up to?" Ben asked him.

 "Teacher .. you?"

 "Freshman" Ben replied and then smiled at him. The next few moments were then spent by them asking each other what might have happened if they fought for it. What might have happened if they did not get scared.

 "Maybe we're still together" Ben whispered and so James just nodded slowly.

 The conversation turned to a dead end as soon as Connor walked in. The young lad they're both madly in love with.

---

  As soon as Connor walked in, he knew that the mood in the room already changed.And maybe that's alright , maybe it'll be better for the tree of them not to dwell in the past anymore.

 It only took a few moments before James stood up from the couch , "Where are you going?" Connor asked. 

 "Home ... Mason should be awake by now"

 "Who's Mason?" Ben then asked him.

 "My son" the young teacher replied before planing a kiss on Connor's cheek. The young lad watched as Ben's eye widened.

 "I'll see the two of you around" he uttered and then left them. Connor just let out a sigh, it's very obvious now that their unfinished business is still affecting them.

 "How long are you gonna be here" Connor then asked Ben as he sat beside him. "One week .. wait Connor , I want you to be honest with me alright?" he then asked the young lad.

 "Alright"

 "Are you and James dating?"

 "Yes"

 "So you really don't love me anymore huh?"

 "Ben ... please"

 "Wow ... I've only been gone for a few weeks and you already found another"

 "I told you should move on form me remember?"

 "I do but Connor what am I supposed to do when all this heart did is beat for you?"

 "Ben please ... don't so this to me"

 "I still love you Connor Ball"

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ what do you think?