22.-This Is Us-

Connor was able to take a quick glimpse of James before he entered the principal's office. As soon as the young guy entered, he saw the school head's stern face.

 "Sit down Mr. Ball"  he uttered and so he did.

 Mr. Principal then handed him a folder and told him to open it. As soon as Connor did, his heart dropped. It's the picture of him and James holding hands while walking. He looked at the principal and saw that he's carefully analyzing his reaction.

 "Keep yourself together" he thought to himself as he slowly put the folder back on the table.

 "Is that true?"

 "No sir it's not"

 "Are you sure?"

 Connor's heart is ready to pump out of his chest, he doesn't even know if he should lie or not. All he knows right now is that he wants to get out of this room as soon as possible.

"Yes sir"

 "Mr. Ball do you even know what sanctions the entire school board can give you and Mr. McVey once it is found that you two are having a secret relationship?"

 "No Sir"

 "First you will be under much scrutiny ... the both of you ... we have heard many times before about this sort of relationship ... but they always involve a male and a female. If you two are dating do you even know how much controversy will come into your way?"

 "That is because we'll be labeled as faggots right?"

 "I hate to say this but yes. That's why I'm asking you to admit it now so we can contain it"

 "The rumors are not true ... that picture is not true" he replied, determined to protect what he and James  have.

 "Are you sure?"

 "Yes Sir"

 "Okay .. you may leave"

 Connor then got up and went out of the principal's office. As soon as he did, he saw several people whispering at each other while glancing at him.

 "I hope you made the right decision Con" he whispered to himself as he walked out back to his friends.

 "How are you?" Brad and Tris asked.

 "I'm good. let's go?"

 "Okay"

---

 Later that day, James went home to his apartment carrying an early Christmas gift for Mason. "Open it buddy" he said and so his son did. The young McVey tore away all the wrappers until a remojte controlled helicopter came into his view.

 "Wow thanks Daddy!" he exclaimed in excitement. Much to James surprise, Mason stood up and kissed him, right away.

 "I love you Mason"

 "I wuv you too"

 "Wuv? I thought you can speak properly now?"

 "Okay. Love"

 James couldn't help but smile at his son. Mason means the world to him and he will do everything just to keep him around.

 After a few more minutes, someone started ringing the doorbell. James got up and quickly opened the door and saw an unfamiliar young man covered in beard and hat.

 "It's me"

 That's when it only dawned on him, it's Connor in a disguise. He quickly let his student inside his apartment and closed the door.

"Connor? why?" he asked as the young guy removes all the fake beards and hip hop clothes he's wearing.

 "I will not wait until they snap another picture of us together"

 After the young guy shed all of his disguise, Mason was finally able to recognize him. The kid ran and hug him as tight as he could. 

 "How are you Mason?" he asked.

 "I'm good"

 "Great" Connor answered before smiling at him.

 After a few more minutes, James invited Connor to his room so they can talk.

---

As soon as they got inside, Connor was hugged by James. "How are you love?" he asked.

 "I'm good ... had to lie to the principal but I'm good"

 "Did he show you a folder?"

 "Yes why?"

 "He showed me one too"

 That's when Connor remembered the name of the guy that posted the picture. "The dude's name is Charlie Fuller" he uttered, staring at James.

"What?"

 "The guy who posted our picture ... his name is Charlie Fuller"

 "Who is he?"

 "I don't know"

 "That's a very unfamiliar name"

 "I'm scared"

 The young guy saw then James stand up from the chair and move closer to him. The young teacher placed both of his hand on the lining of his jaw and slowly tilted up his head. "Don't be" he whispered and kissed Connor on the lips.

If he's being honest, that made him feel a lot better.

"What are we gonna do James?"

 "We're gonna find who that fucker is and we'll teach him a lesson"