5. -Baby Daddy is a baby-

It's the morning after, Connor went to class early and saw that the room is still empty .. well except for James who is already writing some lectures on the board.

 "You're early" the young teacher uttered as soon as he saw Connor enter the room.

 "I woke up early" the young lad replied. But if he's being honest, he did not sleep at all. He doesn't know why but last night he just felt uncomfortable like there's something missing and he doesn't know what it is.

 "That's good" he replied and then winked at him.

 "You? Why are you early?"

 "I had to be up all night"

 "Why sir? James sir?"

  "I thought I told you just to call me by my first name?"

 "Someone might come in" the young lad replied as he sat on his chair. James then stopped writing and approached Connor before eventually sitting right in front of him.

 "Fine then .. how are you?"

 "I'm good?" Connor replied even though he is not. He is far from good, too far that as each day pass by he's starting to forget what being good feels like.

 "You're lying"

 "What?"

 "You're clearly bothered by something"

 "No I'm not"

 "Yes you are. I saw how worried and uncomfortable you are last night"

 "I'm fine .. seriously"

 Connor is pretty sure that James is not convinced with his answer, thankfully the other students came inside the room. James stood up and then went back right in front of the class. Much to the relief of the young lad, he can't bother his potential love interest with his personal problems ... right? that's what he thought to himself.

---

 James couldn't help but look at Connor every now and then. Something is clearly bothering his student, and the young teacher convinced himself that he must help the young lad solve whatever it is.

 He on the other hand got something else in his plate too, for his 5 yr old son Mason will be staying with him  for the next two weeks while his mother is out of the country. He had to hire a babysitter to look after his son since he won't be able to do that while he's at school. 

 James found out that he's gonna be a father at the age of 18. He was happy, excited .. maybe a little more than excited since he told his entire family about it. Don't get him wrong though, his family did not get mad or went all beast mode on him .. instead they accepted the fact happily. Branding the child as a 'Sudden Blessing'. Everything was supposed to be perfect, until Mason's mother decided she doesn't want him anymore. Melissa wanted James to be completely out of her life.

 That destroyed him, nearly killed him to be honest. The young teacher's lowest point is when he found out that Melissa's entire family had left the town for God knows where. It took him a couple of years to move on from that and when he finally did ... he got a message from his former flame asking him if he wants to meet his son.

 At first he was reluctant, since he's still mad at her ... but the thing is, once you become a parent ... your child will always be your priority .. always. And so that's what he did, he accepted her offer and agreed to meet Mason. And when the father and son met, they instantly clicked.

 His broken relationship with Melissa doesn't matter anymore, all he cares  about is Mason. He wants his son to have a father figure that he can be proud of.

---

Connor spent the rest of the day with Tristan and Brad. It's nice that those two are getting closer each day, so much that sometimes Connor actually feels like a third wheel to them.

 "Do you wanna see a movie?" Tris asked him.

 "Nah. I'll pass , maybe next time"

 "Come on dude. You need something to cheer you up"  Brad uttered as they walked out of the school building. 

 "Next time I promise .. I'll join you guys"

 "Alright" The blonde haired lad replied as he and Brad exchanged looks. Connor just sighed as they parted ways. This is not good, the loneliness just won't leave him. While walking home, the young lad actually saw James at the candy store.

 "Didn't know you like sweets" he thought to himself as he crossed the street to say 'Hi' to him. But as soon as the young lad entered the shop he received the surprise of his life.

 "Mason come here let's pay for that" James told the 5 yr old child he's with.

 "Hey" Connor uttered. Startled, James quickly turned around and let out a sigh of relief as soon as he recognized him.

 "It's just you" he said and then smiled at the young lad. 

 "Just me. sorry" Connor replied and tried his best to smile but it turned out very awkward instead.

 "Who is he Daddy?"

 Connor heart dropped." WHAT. THE . ACTUAL. FUCK ? " he thought to himself as he looked at James. The young teacher is clearly nervous but he introduced his son anyways.

 "Mason this is your Uncle Connor ... he's my special friend"

 "Hello Uncle Connor" Mason uttered and then smiled at him.

 "Connor this is Mason ... my .. my son"

 "Hey buddy" that's all the young lad can say. "James has a son. Well that's a lot to process" Connor whispered to himself.

--

that's it for this part guys ^^