28.-Big Ben-

The rest of the week went by pretty hard for both Connor and James. Even though the school board is trying their best to contain the issue and just investigate on their own, the rumors have already spread like wildfire. Of course, no one even dared to talk to them about it. All they did is whisper at each other whenever one of the two comes around.

Sunday finally came, today is the day Con and James will go and pay Ben a visit.

 "I'm nervous" the younger lad whispered as he held on to James's hands. The teacher on the other hand quickly rolled up the windows to avoid anyone from seeing them.

 "Don't be .... okay? We're just gonna have to talk to Ben ... if he's not Charlie then we're not going to hurt him"

"But he is Charlie .... his journal is in his lair"

"Con, I know Ben. He's a good person alright ... and you too , you know that"

 "James please ... "

 "Fine ... okay, we'll go there and we'll know once and for all"

"Okay"

---

"Tristan why can't you just believe me that there is nothing going on between me and Taylor? How many times do I have to tell you that?" Brad asked Tris after he got jealous again. Tristan's revelations a few days ago really shook Brad to the core. He never saw them as a couple and he most certainly did not expect that Tris already sees them as one.

 "Why can't you just stop talking to him? You can talk to me anytime you know that right? And don't tell me you two are banging because I will kill him. You're all mine" Tris replied as he chucked a cookie in his mouth. This is his and Brad's way of argument: milk and cookies.

 The curly haired lad let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around Tris.

 "Do you trust me?"

 "I do"

 "Then please trust me that I won't let anyone come in between us alright?"

 "Bradley..."

 "What?"

 "I trust you, I just don't trust him"

 "Well then you're one overprotective boyfriend aren't you?" Brad asked as he sat on Tristan's lap.

 He stared that blonde haired lad's eyes and can clearly see his own reflection.

"I'm all yours ... I promise" Brad uttered as he started unbuttoning his shirt. But much to his surprise, he saw what looks like a bruise ... or a hickey? .. Brad suddenly got confused. He got up and then looked at Tristan.

 "What's wrong?" Tristan asked.

  "Is that a hickey?"

--

Connor and James drove for about half a day before they reached Ben's university. Thankfully, he's more than helpful enough that he suggested to meet them at a restaurant near the campus. The young lad looked at James as they entered the place.

 James on the other hand pointed to the far end. Con looked and saw Ben patiently waiting fof them. his fists immediately clenched at the sight of him. All love he has left for him had pretty much left the building.

 The two lads approached him .

 "Hey guys" Ben greeted with a smile on his face.

 "How are you?" he asked and the two just exchanged looks.

  "We did not come here for a visit ... Ben, tell me .... are you Charlie Fuller?" James asked right away. As soon as Connor heard those words, his heart dropped.  He looked on and saw his ex's reaction ... and it's pretty normal.

"Who is he?"

 "The guy who exposed our relationship" James replied and then brought out Ben's journal from Connor's bag. 

 Connor looked at him and he's genuinely surprised.

 "Where did you see that? I've been looking for it everywhere"

 "At the address of that Charlie Dude" James answered coldly.

 "I lost it months ago ... check the date"

 Con looked inside his journal and saw that the last entry is August which is his last summer in town. "I lost that when I was packing my stuff from my locker" Ben added.

 The young lad looked at James and saw that he too, is shocked.

 "So you mean ... you're not him?"

 "Connor, I find it very offensive that the two of you would accuse me of such thing" Ben answered hurtfully.

 The young lad wanted to apologize but it's two late. His former flame grabbed his journal from James's hands and ran out of the restaurant.

 "Oh my God James what did we do?" he asked his boyfriend.

 "If he's not Charlie ... then we're fucked"

--

 "Where are you?" Ben asked through the phone.

 "My house why?"

 "They found my journal, you're so stupid ... why would you leave it there?"

"They did? Oh my God I'm so sorry ..."

 "Just don't repeat that stupid mistake again alright? I can't let them know I'm Charlie" Ben replied as he ended the call. 

 Ben doesn't want to hurt Connor, he just thinks that if he continues to date the  young teacher ... he will end up heartbroken. The same thing he felt when James left him.

---

last 12 chapters :D what'ya think? :)