35.-Downhill-

Later that night in the middle of James doing some paper works, the doorbell started ringing. He got up and looked at the peephole and saw Melissa on the other side. The young teacher's heart dropped but at the same time, he opened it right away to get the answer he and Connor needs once and for all.

As soon as he opened the door, he asked Melissa about her intentions of coming to the apartment. "I think we both know why I came here" she replied. James sighed and then let her in.

 "Ben talked to me" she uttered. James's heart dropped as he faced her.

 "Why Melissa? Why would you do that?"

 "I realized I can't lose Mason"

 "So what you said before is a lie? Are you even going to Australia?"

 "I am ... this morning Ben talked to me ... he tried his best to stop me from exposing the two of you"

 "But you still did huh?" the young teacher asked, using all of his willpower to stop himself from hurting her.

"I already sent them when he called me ... I'm sorry James ... I tried to get them back but I can't .. "

 "Do you still think I'll believe you after all the lies you told me? You just gave me more reason to keep mason away from you"

 "James ... they will take Mason away form you ... I'm sorry"

 "Go ... go before this fist lands somewhere in your body . Melissa go!" James yelled at the top of his lungs. Startled, she ran towards the door. "I'm very sorry" she uttered before leaving his apartment. As soon as Melissa left, James threw a vase against the wall ... unknowingly waking Mason up.

 The young teacher watched as the bedroom door opened, Mason then went out of the room crying. "Oh God skipper, sorry I woke you up" he uttered as he he picked his son up in his arms.

"Is there a monster" he asked.

 "No .. sorry I woke you up"

 Mason just nodded and fell asleep on his shoulder.

---

The next day, Connor went to school and saw Tristan walking alone. "Where's Brad?" he asked. "He's mad at me again" the blonde haired lad replied as they got on to the hallway. 

"Why?"

 "One of my exes are sexting me"

 "Sexting?"

 "Yeah. I told her to stop but she just keeps on sending them"

 "Then change your number"

 "It's on my Facebook Messenger , I can't change accounts right away"

 "Then block her"

 "I would but then Brad saw her messaging me ... and he got mad"

 "Where is he now?" Connor asked. Tris then pointed at the direction towards the tall sycamore tree in front of the main building. Under it, he saw Brad talking to some of the female students.

"At least he's not talking to guys"

 "I know"

 As soon as Connor got on to his locker, he felt everyone's stares weighing him down. His heart started beating fast as soon as he opened his locker unit. Inside he saw a picture of him and James. "Who sent that?" Tris asked.

 "Melissa"

 "Who's her?"

 "James's ex"

 "Bitter Ex ... uh oh"

 " What?" Connor asked before looking at his right side. The school supervisor asked them and asked Connor to follow him to the principal's office. The young lad's heart dropped but still agreed.

 "See you later" he told Tris before going with the supervisor. After a couple of moments, Connor found James and the principal waiting for him. "Sit down please" the principal asked and so he did. Connor then looked at James and saw how nervous he is. The supervisor then closed the door.

"I would like to talk to the two of you first before having your parents come here. You know that this school doesn't condone sexual inequality ... we're very open to any members of the LGBT community having relationships. However, things are different when a teacher dates a student, it's very inappropriate. Connor, you are underage as well .. that alone can send James to jail. I'm willing to do everything to fix this mess, that's why I'm gonna ask the two of you if it's real ... I'll try my best to help so please be honest to me this time. Is it real?"

 "Yes... " James answered. Connor's heart dropped and then looked at him.

--

 "It's okay . Tell him" James told Connor. They have no choice now, they must accept the consequences of their love. The young lad let out a sigh but then nodded.

 The young teacher didn't want things to come to this but it already did ... all he can do now is find a way to make it work so he and Connor can survive.

 "Okay ... we'll try to contain this news and not let it spread and be national news . But for now, James I think you know what's gonna happen ... you're suspended"

 "I understand"

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ 5 chapters left.