00; when realisation slaps you in the face

Pic; Flynn

a/n: hi! I'd like you to know that I've just dived straight into the book and this first chapter is a little heavy and a little boring too but I promise it will get better. I needed this first chapter to be this way.

P.S. Do check out the trailer and give me a heads up about what you think!

Enjoy! x

-- -- --

00; when realisation slaps you in the face.

-- -- --

Lazily pulling the covers beside me, I wrapped myself up into them, covering my head and making a little gap in it for me to breathe through, but it was when my door slammed open, I jolted and sat up. Seeing it was just my very irritating friend, Wyatt, I sighed and wrapped myself in tighter.

"Hey, you've been like that for the past three days, Flynn." He sighed and took a seat at the edge of the bed. I knew this because I felt the bed dip. "Brought you some breakfast."

"Not hungry." I murmured.

"You need to eat." He ordered, but it was a little useless since I was probably the most stubborn person on earth. I didn't want to leave this bed, I didn't want to face people and I most certainly didn't want to attend my seminar later this afternoon. Maybe I should skip it, but wait, I can't. Our tutors take our attendance for a seminar.

I groaned.

"Flynn, get the hell up and go wash yourself. It smells like somebody died in here." I felt his hand on my head and soon enough, as expected, my body was exposed to the coldness of the room and the blanket was on the floor.

"Wyatt..." I drawled out with as little efforts as possible. It probably wasn't even coherent. Is it wrong that I just want to lie in bed, overthink things and sleep. Maybe even shed a tear or two for no reason.

"I'm worried, you've fallen pretty low lately." He scratched his arm nervously; he knew he was treading on dangerous ground and pushing his boundaries. He had no right whatsoever.

"Go away." I mumbled and turned my body around to face the opposite direction. He sighed, stood up, wrapped my blanket around me again and left. I closed my eyes and relished in the peacefulness, that is until the door burst open again and the blanket was being ripped off me.

"Flynn, up. Now." She said sternly, walking around to the other side of the bed and grabbing my shoulders to help me sit up. I groaned, fought, rebelled and cursed but she managed to force me on my feet and haul me to the kitchen with Wyatt's help.

"You can't take your meds without eating something." She informed me as if I did my know already and placed my breakfast in front of my face.

"Not hungry." I repeated and pushed the bowl away. She glared and sat on the stool beside mine and picked up a spoonful of my food and brought closer to my lips. I grit my teeth and slapped the spoon away, all of the food on it falling over the counter. "I'm not hungry, Mia!"

"Just have a little bit, come on. You have to, otherwise you'll be hungry later on." She begged.

I contemplated it, and frowned as I took the spoon from her delicate fingers and dunked it in the now soggy cereal. I took a few spoonfuls before I felt full enough.