02; 'Flynny'

(Pic: Benjamin Matthews)

AHHH!!!! Chase You has reached 1K reads! dear lawdy lawd. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR CONTINUOUS SUPPORT AND LOVE! <3

-- -- --

The park in this neighbourhood wasn't the greatest place to be; there were a bunch of smokers that didn't give a shit about children being nearby, and it wasn't all that big either, but it was a memorable place because it was the heart of the area I grew up in.

I felt all the memories flooding my head, all of them coming to me at once like a beautiful mess. Some of them good, some of them bad.

I was dumped by my first here girlfriend here.

I attended an annual carnival here with my closest friends.

I picked up a stray dog here, which I actually had to hand over to the RSPCA because he lost an ear and it was all infected.

Such beautiful memories.

My newest memory now, is coming face to face after two years with the man I once loved more than I ever loved myself (which means I loved him a hell of a lot). He cleared his throat and muttered something about going to talk to his brother, but I tugged on the sleeve of his jacket to pull him back down just as he was about to get up.

His moves were slow and cautious as he studied me and crouched down on the floor. It wasn't like I had left school on the best terms with each other and he missed out on everything that happened to me in those two years I attended sixth form because we both moved to different places.

"Zach told me you were at university, are you home for the rest of the week or something?" He asked awkwardly. The only two people who knew about my thing were Zach and Kyle, and I was glad Zach hadn't told Ben. I guess you could they were pretty close now.

"I actually dropped out last Friday." I muttered sheepishly, the guilt creeping up on me again.

He was taken aback, "why?"

"It was shit."

"Dude you went to Cambridge." He gave a 'what-the-actual-fuck' look.

"No, Cambridge required three A star grades, so I didn't make it. It was one of my options though. I actually went to City instead." I corrected. "Why didn't you go to university?" Surely, he'd want be studying instead of visiting the park.

"Um, I want to, but I'm not sure at the same time, so I'm taking a gap year. I actually want to go into sports management though."

I was curious why he wanted to do a job like that when he was an absolute genius, he could become a lawyer with ease, or even a doctor. The guy was revising for his GCSE two years before he even had to. I guess that career is super high end though, so it could lead onto something amazing for him.

"That's cool." I muttered. He lay down on the glass and faced up to the sky and I stayed sitting cross legged next to him.

"Let's play football!" I clapped my hands together eagerly and stole the ball from him. He shot up, and cocked a brow.

I ran up to my sister and attacked her in a bear hug, "come on, it's Hoppers versus Matthews!"  She jumped in glee and grabbed the tattered football and dropped it to the ground. Ben and his brother stood opposite is, looking a little menacing.