24; fierce

gif: flynn ;)

--- --- ---

Mia's visit was short, she only stayed for one night, unfortunately, but I really did appreciate that she visited even though she has uni to deal with.

Much to her chagrin, she didn't have a Yorkshire pudding, but she did have Yorkshire tea since it was my favourite and the only brand we kept in the house. I told her she really didn't have to try it just because 'Yorkshire' was in the name, but she can be extremely stubborn sometimes.

Today was Casey and Harry's dance competition and as I was getting ready, I had realised I haven't actually been out in a long time, that's if you exclude visiting people's houses. I took a deep breath and opened the doors of my wardrobe, looking at the tower of clothes enthusiastically.

Today I was going to make an effort.

I was going to change into the old Flynn because he had some sort of fashion sense.

I was going to look hot.

I smiled to myself at that last thought and dug my hand through the clothes I had shoved to the back of my closet when I organised everything that one night after coming home from uni. I had put all of those clothes in a box so when I pulled it out with great difficulty and threw it on my bed, I dusted the lid off like they do in movies.

It wasn't even dusty.

As soon as I pulled the lid off, I stared at the colourful, provocative items of clothing all piled up. I put provocative very loosely, they weren't like that, at least not all of them, but what they were was the fashion of high school's past, so partially smart casual, partially revealing. Some of the clothes were sort of out there, if you know what I mean.

I used to read a lot of teen vogue.

The piles were organised neatly and I thank myself for doing so. I was easily able to pick out my favourite pair of ripped jeans, they were grey acid wash - meaning they had more than a few shades of grey on them - and stopped short at my ankles. I usually rolled them up there because well, fashion. I liked these jeans because of the fitting, they looked tight and uncomfortable, but they didn't feel like it at all, it almost felt like I was wearing my most comfiest pair of sweatpants.

I lay the jeans across on my bed neatly and took several glances from my shirt pile, trying to figure out what I could pair this with. It was just a grey pair of jeans, so I guess it wasn't as difficult as it could've been, but for some reason, I kept pushing myself to try harder.

I wanted to fierce as fuck after all.

I finally settled on a simple navy t-shirt that that was so long that the hem was way past my ass and at the back of my thigh instead. I remember being told by so many people how stupid I looked, but they're the ones who looked stupid - they didn't read Vogue.

I snickered to myself and went through my wardrobe again, pulling out my favourite fitted black blazer since I was told to dress smartly, it would also be pretty cold tonight and I had a terrible immune system so I wasn't risking anything.

I threw it all on the bed and packed the rest of the clothes away and shoved it all into the far depths of Neverland - or in this case, my wardrobe - and raced to get all my clothes on quickly since we were actually supposed to leave ten minutes ago.

I finished my look by quickly grabbing my watch from my desk, a white handkerchief to put in the blazer pocket (because my outfit wouldn't be so drool worthy without it) and my white Adidas trainers that I just wore everyday.

I hastily ran downstairs, seeing that everyone was already waiting for me at the foot of it, and grabbed my phone from the countertop. I didn't even spare a glance to anybody as I opened the door and stepped outside in the cold January air.