30; high speed train to the future

"I guess I can tell the others I went through with the bonfire dare."

He frowned, "you-"

He wasn't able to finish that sentence, because I pressed my lips against his as if it was the last time I'd ever see him. I left a trail of butterfly kisses from his ear to his collarbone. I actually had to tug his shirt down slightly so I could reach.

"Only kidding." I lazily smiled as I lifted my head up and looked at his frowning complexion. I bought my hands up and placed my index fingers at both ends of his lips before dragging them upwards to turn his frown into a smile.

He laughed and slapped my hands away from his face and kissed me once more, albeit, a little hesitantly, before he pushed me gently back onto the sofa.

I traced the design on his t shirt with my index finger and lay my head on my shoulder. My legs were across his lap and I was really liking this position.

He scrutinised me with a curious look, and it was when I couldn't peel my eyes away from him, he decided to lean towards me and meet my lips once again. His hands gently placed themselves at my lower back and he diligently lay me down on the sofa, his lips not breaking away from mine.

My hands went up to his hair, and I saw a look of wonder and amusement gleam in his eyes as he pulled away to breathe. His gentle touch at my lower back made me shiver and it travelled down slightly towards the waistband of the joggers I wore - just like earlier today.

Was it me, or was Ben becoming slightly bipolar?

I snickered to myself at my own stupid thoughts, causing Ben to furrow his brows confusedly.

"What is it?"

I snickered again. "Nothing.. nothing."

Shooting me an odd expression, Ben just got off me and sat back on the so properly. I just stayed laying across the sofa, just how he left me.

I reached up and twirled my hair around my finger and kept my eyes trained on that beautiful face of his. "It's January, have you sorted out your university shit? Deadline is in three weeks."

"No, I still need to obtain my referral letter." Ben groaned, picking up the remote and switching the channel to watch Cricket. "I should be asking you that question. Do you not want to go back for next semester?"

"You make me laugh." I chuckled. "I'm not going back."

"What if we went together?"

"Stop the comedy act."

"I'm being serious." He said. He pursed his lips together and tore his eyes awayi from the television to look at me. That was saying a lot. Ben liked his sports, but here he is, looking at me and not at the current match on television.

"It's not for me."

"Of course it is. You need to put that big brain of yours to good use."

I groaned as I lifted my body up to sit like a normal human being on the sofa and let out a deep breath when I lay my head back and stared up at the blank white ceiling. "I don't know, it's a lot of effort, and besides, what will happen to us?"

"It's a little too early to ask those types of questions, Hopper." Ben mumbled, mimicking my position. "In any case, we could always go to the same uni."

I rolled my eyes, not saying anything more. Was Ben crazy?

"Next you're going to bend down on one knee and profess your love to me." I chuckled lazily, placing my hand on my chest and exhaling.