18; let it be

Happy birthday zoliviam, have an awesome day!

Pic - My poor bby Flynny <3

This song.. his voice.. UGH I JUST... I JUST.... I WANNA STEAL HIM AWAY AND MAKE HIM SERENADE ME. *cries* *screams* *slams a door* - I just listened to this continuously when writing this so I suggest you listen to it too when you get further down the chapter! :)

---- ---- ---- ----

I used to recognise myself
It's funny how reflections change
When we're becoming something else
I think it's time to walk away

So come on, let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me?

---- ---- ---- ----

It had been about six days since that dreadful Christmas Day.

Just two days after, my body was just so exhausted. So many things happened that day, it was all crammed into one afternoon and its making me worn out just thinking about it.

After those tiring two days, I managed to pull my shit together and I actually felt pretty okay, considering. I felt sad because of recent events, sure, but just as sad as any normal, healthy human being and not down in the dumps like my illness could potentially make me.

See, I was making progress. I managed to read some of that booklet I was told to read and it was very informative and I understood it well. The blurred lines between depressed and depressed or content and overly cheery were officially clear, at least I think so.

I decided to take Casey to the supermarket because Karen needed some things at home, of course, she didn't tell me this herself because the only things I've been saying to her was 'yes', 'no' or 'maybe'. Dad wasn't happy that I wasn't getting along with Karen, and I'm not sure how Casey felt, but she did an incredibly unfair, horrible act and now things are awkward and quiet between Ben and I and I get a tiny bit upset just thinking about it.

I grabbed a trolley and just seconds later, Casey jumped inside and I was giggling like a little school girl as we ran through the aisles, getting told off and shouted at for causing ruckus. This was something Casey and I would always do together when we weren't out shopping with Karen or Dad because they would be telling us off too and then we'd get sent to the car while they just do the shopping themself.

"Mum wanted some bleach, dishwasher tablets, dishwasher salt and some apples." Casey informed me, "I'll text her to find out if she wanted anything else."

Shrugging, I just ran towards the housewares section to grab all the nescessary things before going towards the fruit and veggies.

"Why does she want apples, Dad just bought a whole bunch last week?" I asked, raising a brow. I watched Casey suddenly sit up and bit her lip, all I did was purse my lips together and wait for an explanation.

"You're not going to like this, but we're going to Wendy and Tasha's new years party later today, mum wanted to make an apology apple crumble."

"I'm not going."

"Yes, you have to. You don't have to see Ben, but whatshisface will be there."

"Who?"

"That Zach guy... he's yours and Ben's friend, right?"

I just sighed. If Ben's friends were there, that would mean friends from school, which would also mean people that went to my school, with me, who knew me as the popular guy that had this perfect life. God, I really wasn't looking forward to seeing their faces just to remind me of those high school years that I've tried super hard to put behind me.