23; kind of repulsed.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, they made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :3

In other news, the cliffhanger I left was pretty horrible and you being anxious about it was making me anxious, so I updated. I wasn't supposed to do so until I wrote like three more pre written chapters to add to the list I've made lol

--- --- ---

Did you know the human heart could literally experience heart break. Their heart could literally break into two pieces from an overwhelming amount of- need I say it?

So as I stood in Ben's living room with my head ducked down and my eyes looking at the cream coloured carpet as if it was the most dazzling thing in the world, Ben's voice was in the background, and I was barely able to concentrate on what he was actually saying.

No matter how hard I tried to focus, it was no use, I'd eventually shut it out and focus on something else.

I looked to him and then at his mouth, changing shape with each and every word. He had more stubble than usual and his hair was longer, probably because it hadn't been styled like it usually is- in a quiff.

It wasn't until I read off 'are you listening' from his lips that I shook myself from my reverie and actually listened to him.

He reprimanded me as if I was a little school boy and was a teacher, he was telling me off for loving him, even though it was something I couldn't even control, but he was probably just saying all this because even he wasn't sure how to react and he wanted to believe that it was a choice I could've made.

Sighing to myself, I did my best to distract myself from listening to whatever he has to say, I glanced everywhere, scrutinising every inch of the room including the dozens of photo frames, the cat toy stash hidden behind the TV table, the Batman slippers next to the fireplace and the box full of old video tapes in the corner of the room.

Then I looked outside the room, through the double doors that gave me a good look all the way past the hallway and into the study room.

A small door was in the study room, and it was closed but I remember coming here before and seeing a drum kit, it was beautiful, all black, and embellished with ornate patterns across the drums.

"Flynn." Ben said, pushing on my shoulder gently. I glanced to him and met his eyes and he just had a brow raised.

"Yes?"

"You could at least pretend you're listening to me." He said with his lips contorted into the perfect poker face.

I let out a breath and rolled my eyes. "I don't even want to be here right now but you sounded so scary on the phone..."

Ben crossed his arms over his chest, then he quickly dropped them to his side before putting them in the pockets of his denim three quarters as if he had no idea what to do with them.

"Can I go?" I asked pleadingly, but Ben just gave me a weird look and shook his head.

"You never told me you loved me." He said, "you said you liked me, but not loved. I'm not mad, but a little... Surprised."

I gulped to myself and felt my cheek redden, "I kind of have a friend over from uni, so if you don't mind..." And with that, I started walking towards the front door, I hadn't even taken my shoes off yet, so I could just run out of here in no time.