29; the devil wears prada

Pic: do I even need to say anymore? ;)
Vid: (my new fave) Love - Lana del Rey

So.. this is a filler chapter since I felt that at this point in the book, it was pretty necessary. (thank god for autocorrect - I never know how to spell that word..)

Enjoy!

"Look, it's not that hard! Just kick the goddamn ball at least a few meters away!" Ben screamed from the other side of the field we were situated at.

It was a rainy day, not even a smidge of blue in the sky. Grey clouds approached us, and I could already feel the small droplets fall on my my face.

"I don't want to do this!" I yelled back, ripping the gloves off my hand and stomping away from the goalie post. "I don't even like football!"

"It's not even football, there's only two of us." He said with yet, another eye roll, its the same face he's been pulling for the last hour.

"I don't care, we're not in school anymore, I'm not required to do physical activity so stop making me!" I whinged out, my voice getting slightly quieter as I walked towards him and he came towards my direction.

He swung his arm over my shoulder and then shook his head vigorously and continued to spray me in the face with droplets coming from his wet hair. I pushed him back, but then he pushed me and I ended up getting tackled down onto the wet grass.

"Hey stop, I'm going to get ill!" I cried as he straddled my hips and pinned my arms over my head - something he's never done before, ever.

"You're going to get ill anyway."

I rolled my eyes, "you're such a twat."

He just snorted and got off me and stretched his arm out to help me get up, but I knew better, so I didn't take his offer to help me stand up. Instead, I just got up off the muddy ground by myself and brushed off grass and dirt from my clothes.

I picked up the football from the ground and flicked hair out from my eyes, I was now drenched in rainwater and couldn't wait to just jump in the shower when I get home. Ben walked a couple meters ahead so I just followed with the ball tucked under my arm.

"Do you reckon Jace would freak out when he finds out that you're not straight?" I asked when I caught up to his side.

He just turned to me, his brow cocked up and then looked straight ahead again. "No, why would he react that way?"

"Well, it's really unexpected that you're Demi." I shrugged, "my gaydar is incredible, but you've never done anything to make me think you're the slightest bit gay."

He just snorted, "stop thinking so much into it."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He just shook his head at me with a smirk, flicking rain droplets from his hair at me. "Can we just stop discussing this?"

"Fine, whatever."

He just looked off into the distance and started walking in the general direction towards both of our houses.

I dusted myself off, not that it helped at all, and caught up to him. Pfft, he could've at least waited.

I flicked my hair out of my face and kept my head ducked down to keep the rain from hitting my square in the face.

Silence settled between the both of us as we headed back home. I wasn't sure whether we were heading to his house or my house, but I really didn't care either. I just wanted to be inside a house where it's much warmer.