42; wedding & a war

A/N: it has taken me a disgusting amount of time to add a new chapter, and I'm deeply sorry about that.
—————————————————

We were running late for the reception. Of course we were, it was in our genes. It wasn't even anybody's fault, but we were late because... oh who am I kidding? It was Casey's fault, of course.

She got a little hungry, and since she was the first one ready she thought she had time to fix herself some toast, but apparently such a simple task was too difficult for her and so she ended up with jam on her dress.

As I watched Karen vigorously wipe her dress and rid her of the giant pink stain, I began feeling nervous. It wasn't my wedding, yet I was worrying about missing everything. Mostly it was about me wanting to see Ben, and kiss him before all the guests start arriving so I'm satisfied for the rest of the evening when we're supposedly only meant to be friends in everyone else's eyes.

"Is the jam out?" I asked impatiently.

"Nearly, just give me a couple more minutes." Karen answered back, also impatiently.

"We're not even late. Nobody gets there on time anyway, we'll get there at six-thirty, which is fine." Dad sighed, "so quit asking, Flynn."

"But—"

"Stop, you're giving everyone a migraine." Casey whined.

"Oh well, excuse me, I have duties as a boyfriend, don't talk back to me. What would you know?"

She just rolled her eyes at me.

My younger sister just rolled her eyes at me.

"Done! It's not a perfect job, but it'll do." Karen said, throwing the tissues she used in the bin and patting down Casey's dress.

We all jumped in the car. Karen was driving of course. I'm pretty sure that in the last couple years, the only time we let dad drive us is when we need to go to the supermarket, other than that, it's always Karen who drives.

"Take these." She said as she adjusted the seat. She gave him her high heels and purse and put her belt on. Dad just sighed and put the heels down by his feet, holding them so cautiously like they could bite his face off.

We got to the venue and were all parked up by a little past six-thirty. I tousled my hair quickly, using the window of the car to see my reflection, and then I cooly shoved my hands into the pockets of my trousers.

"So vain." Casey sighed, skipping past me and catching up to Karen and Dad. I sighed and caught up with them too.

Unfortunately, we missed the brides being pulled by the horse drawn carriage, but what we did see was how extravagant the interior was. Wendy and Tasha didn't skimp on a single detail, and it was incredibly amazing how the entire thing was under budget. I need to ask them to plan my own wedding reception for me, just maybe not so... girly.

The entrance hall was seemed sparse, but that might've just been because everyone was already sat inside. Inside the actual banqueting hall, was something out of a dream. Tables were adorned by huge, looming vases filled with the flowers I picked. Each table was slightly different than the next, to add some variety.

We sat down in our seats. I remembered in the seating plan that Ben was stuck on for over a week and recognised that I was meant to be sitting at the sat table as Zach, Jace, Ben, and some other people around our age. Some I recognised from Jace and Ben's band group in school and some were just friends of theirs.