09; the past never remains buried.

My visit to my mother's didn't turn out to be anything special, but it was notable that once we caught up, it was as if that two year gap never happened.

Of course, there is the issue where it's still a little awkward between the two of us, as in, we don't socialise how we used to. Asking a simple question felt like I was treading enemy lines and looking at each other felt as if she could see into my soul.

Once the weekend was over, I headed back home. Unfortunately, I  didn't find out why my mother left nor did I find out why she never tried to contact me. I had this irk that she did try but perhaps dad wouldn't let her. After leaving how she did, I reckon he'd hold a grudge even after all this time. I still couldn't pin a person to it. Who should get the blame? Did dad cheat? Is that why he left? Then again, dad was whipped and I just know that he'd never ever I'm his entire life do such a reckless act of betrayal. If anything, mother would've been more likely to do that, but all in all, I think that reasoning was far fetched anyway and it's not likely that's even the real explanation.

There were so many questions still, so much to find out, and I couldn't care less if it wasn't my story. I'm determined to figure this out, whatever it takes. If mum and dad wanted this to be buried, then it sure as hell isn't going to stay that way. I've learnt well enough you can't run from the past because it'll just catch up to you.

To make matters worse, I can't seem to stop listening to New Level and stalking their band on Facebook and Twitter. Apparently, there's a single coming out and it's named after Ben because all of the songs included are going to just be his. I could've seen it coming, Jace did his own single too.

New Level isn't exactly the type of music I like to listen to. Usually, I like to listen to RnB and Dance and perhaps a bit of House too. However, it seems my mind is opening up to new music because New Level are none of those. Nope, they're all about that acoustic life and mellow vibes. They're kind of like a low-key Boyce Avenue since they mainly do covers of well known songs.

It feels like they're my secret since they're not really known very well. They were in the 'undiscovered' section at HMV after all. They had a tiny fan base with about 400 fans on Facebook and then 1,000 followers on Twitter.

Laying around in bed all day was all I could do since coming back home. I just loved having all these random incessant thoughts in my head that drove me me crazy.

Harry was in the garden practicing the dance routine with my sister and a bunch of people from their dance class. Apparently there's going to be a mini competition next month between a bunch of a different dance groups and I know my sister hates losing. She won't stand for it, so even if that means inviting a bunch of people to our house, then she's totally up for it.

Come to think of it, the loud dance music was completely ruining my 'me time'. I mean, how are you supposed to listen to House, RnB and Mellow Acoustic music while stalking bands in Facebook if all you can hear outside your window is counting, screaming and orders?

I huffed before clambering out of bed and shoving on a pair of fluffy penguin slippers and making my way downstairs. The last time I was downstairs was around breakfast time, so it's been a couple hours since it's now tea time and the scent of Karen's weird fruit flavoured tea's were wafting around the house.

I followed the scent to the living room, seeing Karen sat on the sofa, holding the tea cup to her mouth. Beside her, much to my chagrin, was Ben. They were happily chatting.

"What's he doing here?" I asked, gritting my teeth. So what? We're all buddy buddy now that he's been here a couple times?