27; the margin between friends & foes

When he caught his breath, and hopped into bed again, he tugged on the duvet and faced his back to me.

I frowned.

"Hey come on! Don't be moody."

Silence.

"You know I have more reason to be moody with you. You kissed me for no reason and then called it repulsive."

And yet... More silence.

I sighed and placed an arm on his bicep, wiggling it around and trying to make him lie on his back, but this of course, didn't work.

"Last time I checked, I was a freakin' amazing kisser, at least that's what my one night stands and ex's say." I droned on, smirking to myself.

I propped my chin up on his bicep, only to see a small smile playing on his plump, rosy lips.

I didn't get enough time to react because he turned over and half of my body was being crushed by half of his.

"Ben..." I spluttered out forcefully, "you're really.. H-heavy."

"I am?" He asked completely obliviously with a slight rise in pitch, "didn't realise."

"Could you er... Can I get out?"

"I don't know, I'm kind of comfortable..." He trailed off, copying exactly what I said earlier.

"I'm supposed to be unhappy with you, you're not allowed to use me as a pillow or whatever."

"I didn't say it was repulsive, I said that I felt repulsed." He frowned, eyeing me from his peripherals.

Our mouths were just inches apart!

"Same thing!" I said, using all of my energy to squeeze myself out from beneath him. I lay staring up at the ceiling with my arms crossed over my chest. "Doesn't change the fact you kissed me without giving me a heads up! Why would you do that? You know that I like you."

"I was..." He started, but stopped himself.

"You were what?"

"It doesn't matter." He shrugged. I slapped his arm, then continuously kept on doing it.

"Fine!" He exasperated, moving my hand away, "I was curious about whether or not I would feel something." The way he spoke made me doubt he's telling the truth. Usually somebody would hesitate to say something like that, especially him, and his voice had a little rise at the end, as if he's questioning the statement too.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not."

"Yes, you are, come on, I want the truth." I turned to my side and started slapping his arm again.

"Ugh, okay! God, you're so annoying." He huffed, moving my hand away again. "I was... You know what? This is stupid. I'm going to sleep."

"Ben!"

"Oh for fuck's sake." He growled, turning on his side. I watched him take a long breather with his eyes closed, then he opened them again as he exhaled, the green in his eyes glistening slightly with the moonlight shining through the curtains.

"I was making sure these feelings I've been getting recently were real, and if so, then to what extent."

Silence.

"Flynn?"

More silence.

What do I say? Do I slap him? Do I kiss him? Do I throw him off the bed again? That was probably the last thing I was expecting him to say, I wasn't sure how to react.