39; fanboy

a.n: an extra long chapter (500 extra words) with a lot of fluff and feels. especially feels. grab a cuppa, put some headphones on and listen to the song above! <3

*.*.*.*

Music wasn't one of my most favourite things, I mean, almost everyone I knew acted like music was their lifeline. Zach, Kyle, Wyatt, Mia, Karen and of course, Ben and Jace. Of course they thought so highly of music, they were in a band after all.

Truthfully, I was not a total music freak, but I did have my own collection of favourite artists, usually consisting of undiscovered, unpopular, but truly talented singers. Nobody would know the groups I listen to, and with most of them spitting out rather... eccentric melodies, it's no lie that the people I do introduce these groups to, tend to not like them right away. Listening to New Level's one and only album for the umpteenth time never failed to make my day. They really had a nice rhythm going on, a mix of indie and pop but not totally bizarre, and definitely not my usual type. New Level had grown, and accumulated around ten thousand followers on twitter, which was an incredible feat. Who'd have guessed that this totally random group of reserved outcasts would collect a huge fanbase? Although only selling only one album and retiring, they did pretty well for themselves.

A conclusion I've come to-- something I truly didn't want to admit-- is that I'm totally obsessed with New Level.

Was I obsessed with their music? Or just Ben?

His backing vocals, in combination with the one female singer of the group, just became a new fetish of mine.

I didn't want to admit it because I knew how egotistic that douchebag blondie was. Ben's head was big enough, he didn't need it to be any bigger! I felt like I was at war with myself, because all I truly wanted from Ben was a private performance. Not in the naughty way, I just really wanted to hear him sing.

He knew this, obviously, so he made sure to never let me hear him perform. He said something about being shy, but the man was anything but shy. He was his own track on the album, with him playing guitar, drums and vocals. All members of the band had a track of their own, even Jace, who in all fairness, had a very nice voice. Slightly high-pitched, but silky and articulate, whilst Ben's was surprisingly soft and full. It was unexpected because he generally had quite a hoarse voice when not singing.

I felt jealous of Harry, who probably got to listen to Ben all day, every day.

With a frown on my face, I fell onto my bed, and lifted up the comic I was reading, flicking through the pages with boredom. It was a very old comic series from way before I was even born, and I'd read the whole thing about three times already, but I had nothing else to do. Ben was rather busy lately, too busy to even spend time with me. With the wedding in two days and stress at an all time high, I didn't blame him. but it just feel totally weird not having seeing for almost four days. The last time I saw him, I wouldn't even count because he fell asleep on the sofa almost instantly, and was gone by noon the next day.

So all I could do is listen to a certain self titled debut album on repeat.

It just made me overthink and wonder why Ben didn't want to share his music with me. In the car, he'd play the radio, and he refuses to show me his assortment of CDs. Of course, I had a peak before, but that was month ago and he stopped updating his CD collection a while before then and started using Bluetooth. Surely his taste in music had changed since then.

Oh well. I mused.

I was excited for later on, because he was going to stay for two nights, and he might bring Harry too. I had to do the embarrassing task of ringing him and practically forcing him to get his arse here because I was unable to sleep well without him for so long, and I absolutely needed a long beauty sleep to look fresh and drop dead gorgeous for the wedding.