05; the grinch with the abs sculpted by god

I went to pick Casey and Harry up from school later that day, she was bouncing all the way home from excitement. Karen didn't usually allow sleepovers, so no wonder Casey was super excited.

"Flynn! What films did you buy?" she asked as I parked the car in the driveway.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre." I muttered nonchalantly. To be honest, I didn't really know what Karen bought, but I knew that was one of them.

"The only good thing about that movie is that it has Trey Songz in it. He's so dreamy..." She said.

"You're not watching it, it'll rot your mind." I laughed. She just crossed her arms and frowned, which is what Mia did a lot too. Is it just a womanly thing? I'm pretty sure I've seen Ben do it too, but then again, he's pretty much a girl himself...

I laughed to myself at my stupid thoughts and shoved the key in the hole, twisting it and pushing the door open. The warmth embraced me as soon as I got in, as well as the heavenly scent of something sweet.

Harry untied his shoes and neatly piled them on top of the basket of shoes we kept near the door. He struggled to reach up to the coat rack so I had to take it for him hang it up.

"Casey, honey, go and get change out of your school uniform and you and Harry can help me bake these cookies." Karen called from the kitchen. Casey ran up to her and hugged her waist while Harry just awkwardly trailed behind.

"Harry, any idea when your brother is coming?" She asked.

"Soon, and he has my clothes with him." He answered back. I gulped a little and felt my stomach knot, but it wasn't from that, it was just nerves. I mean, two years ago, he hated my guts, and now all of a sudden, he doesn't mind talking to me or staying the night... In my room. I didn't even get a choice about this either, Karen wanted me to be here for the sleepover so Ben doesn't feel excluded.

I went up to my room as shut the door before tucking myself beneath my sheets. It was mysteriously cold in the house, and I even had goosebumps on my arms.

I lazily tried to reach over to the HMV bag that was sat by the door but it was too far away, so I grudgingly got out of bed and pulled out the CD I had bought. I didn't regret buying it, in fact, I'm pretty glad I did. I knew Ben was a good guitarist and drummer because he played on prom night with his band and he was incredible. All of it was incredible.

Even the part when we slow danced to 'Make You Feel My Love'.

I ripped off the plastic packaging and opened up the case before carefully taking out the CD and putting it inside the player that was sat on the desk opposite me and running back over to my bed as if there was an angry mob chasing me with pitchforks and fire.

I had a remote, so I fumbled with it and turned the volume up a little but not too much, otherwise Harry might hear and burst into my room and tell his brother.

The CD case had a small booklet inside it so I curiously pulled it out and flicked through the pages. It wasn't anything special, it just had the lyrics for the songs and a bunch of pictures of the band.

I studied the pictures of Ben longer than I should've, there were plenty after all, some by the seaside, others at a gig, same old, same old. He seriously looked like a model, his poses were all on point, his face was just.. Maybe we shouldn't go into that. He could easily pull of becoming a model, the guy just had it in his bones.

The album wasn't half bad, it was surprisingly addictive and I must've replayed every song on it. The original songs were outstanding too, and one of them was an acoustic. Even though he was a backup singer, Ben's voice was literally sex, no kidding. Just the gruffness in his was sending my body into a frenzy, but there were parts when his voice was soft and quiet and just had me melting.