13; matches our souls perfectly

oh my god, chapter 13 already... I DIDN'T EVEN BLOODY REALISE. I originally had this book planned out to be 20 chapters but... Lol.

--

Ben looked stunned and irritated at the same time, and all I could do was grin. I was grabbing my coat when I was ambushed by Wendy, who literally tore the coat from my hands and hung it back up.

"Hon, you just got here! What's the hurry?"

"Oh.. Stuff to do, people to see. After all, it is Christmas Eve..." I lied.

Her fiancé came from behind her a shoved a piece of paper in my face. I had to lean back slightly so that I was able to see the entire page.

"Carnations or peonies?" She asked hopefully. "We can't seem to choose."

"I don't think he cares-" Ben started, but I quickly cut him off.

"Uh... Peonies, but they're super expensive, right? Don't you want to use that extra money for something else?" I asked. I only knew this because Marcia likes Peonies, and whenever I ordered a batch of them to deliver to her house, I always noticed that they were the priciest of all.

"I know a friend of a friend whose made a good offer." She said, smiling. The happy couple walked back inside the room they came from. It looked like a study room and through the door of that room, I could see another room with a drum set.

My lips were still tingling from that small kiss Ben and I shared. Could it even count as a kiss? I mean, it lasted for a millisecond and I didn't mean anything by it, I just thought it would piss him off. Sometimes however, I just felt as if I wanted nothing more than to just go up to him and kiss him again. What was my problem? Were my feelings resurfacing again? Oh dear, that's not a good thing.

Then again, I don't feel all warm inside like I used to whenever I caught his eyes in the school corridors or across the classroom, and I didn't blush or feel a little coy and playful, so I guess I'm safe for now.

"Are you ok? You've been staring at that ornament for a while now..." Ben said, scaring me slightly as his voice shattered my incessant thoughts.

I looked to said ornament, noticing a small turquoise boat with 'Matthews' engraved on it in white calligraphy. It looked quite cool actually.

"I'm good." I said quietly and a little awkwardly too. Isn't he going to say anything about the kiss?

I scrutinised my hands, noticing I was still carrying the mistletoe. I handed it over to him with a gulp and he took it and put it on top of the doorway beside another one.

"Tasha likes those." He commented, "that's why we have so many."

"Mhm." I shifted in my place, remembering I actually bought a gift for Ben at the shopping centre. I snickered to myself. Did I really do that? "Hey where's Ember?"

"Lost her already?"

"No... I know she came in the house. I just don't know where to look because I've never been here before."

"I think she might've went upstairs with Casey." He shrugged, "you can go look if you want, just follow the shouting and screaming."

I laughed. Casey and Harry had been going back and fourth for the past couple minutes. I don't know what on earth they were doing, but it sounded like an argument by the raised voices and tone.