Chapter 17

Samira's POV

Morning came by fast. We woke up, we had breakfast and then we headed to Demi's grandparents' home.

I was really nervous because I didn't want to be involved in any family fight like yesterday night's.
Anyway I put one of my bests smiles and I followed them inside the home.

-This is Samira-Demi said for the twentieth time while introducing me to all her family.

-Hi honey! You are so beautiful!-Demi's sweet grandma told me-Feel home!-She added.

-Hey! You are 17 like me! That's so cool!-Demi's cousin said.

-Nice to meet you!-Her aunt, uncle and granddad told me smiling.

-Thank you so much for inviting me. I'm very nice to meet you too!-I said.

I started to feel better and less nervous than yesterday. Everything was going better. At least they didn't look uncomfortable with me being there.

Demi's POV

I was very happy to see how good my family was getting along with Samira. They were finally accepting that she was a good girl and that they could trust on her.
After we had lunch, grandmommy showed us some albums and some homemade videos we recorded some years ago: Dallas and me at the age of 6-10 singing carols under the Christmas tree, our cousins playing with Madison when she was a baby, all of us running behind grandad's kitten and some more videos that made us laugh and a bit nostalgic.

I had a concert that night at Grand Prairie and they were all going to see me, but Samira, I don't know why, she started to feel sick. She threw up many times and she looked tired.

-You don't have to come to the concert, Sam. You're ill-I told her.

-But I don't want to change any of your plans. I can go, I'm okay.

-Samira, please, you can't go to a concert if you are throwing up. You can stay home. We will be back as soon as it ends.

-And what am I supposed to do at a huge house like yours alone?-She asked.

-You can keep reading the interesting book you started yesterday-I joked.

-ha, ha, ha that was so funny!-She answered to my joke.

-No but seriously, you can read, watch TV,  some movies, sleep...I don't know! Normal things an ill person does!-I laughed.

-That's okay, I'll wait you home.

Normal POV

Demi was rocking out the stage and the crowd was as crazy as always. Dianna, Eddie, Mad, their cousins, grandparents and their aunt and uncle were also having a very good time. It was always a pleasure to see their baby girl becoming a huge star in every one of her shows.

Samira, in the other hand,  she wasn't having fun. She was lying down at the sofa wrapped in a blanket while watching a TV show. She was so bored. Suddenly, she heard the house's door opening. It looked like they were already home.

-Demi? Dianna?-She shouted from the hall-Eddie? Madison? Are you already home? How was the concert?-Samira kept asking.

No one answered but she still could hear someone's steps. 

-Who's there?-She asked getting anguished.

Suddenly a man with her face covered with a black ski mask put his hand on her mouth  not to let her talk. Then he whispered to her:

-You are unlucky to be here beautiful girl...and so unlucky to be home alone...

Samira tried to shout but she definitely couldn't.

-Shhhhh! Don't try to shout! We are not going to hurt you. You just have to give us money. Where is it?-The man asked moving away his hand off of Samira's mouth.

-I don't know, I'm invited here-Samira said almost breathless-This is not my house!

-Can you tell me another joke?-The man shouted.

-It's true!! I don't where the money is! This is a friend's home, not mine!

-Well, so we will have to serve ourselves...-They pushed Samira to the floor-You better don't try to call anyone because only god knows what could happen to you if you do it-The man replied.

That's when Samira saw another two men dressed all black.

-Guys! Go and take everything you think has a high value!

They took jewellery, a TV, some laptops and more things. Before they left, they approached to Samira again.

-Tell your great friend we wanted money, so we will probably be back!-And they left.

Samira was too afraid to call someone, so she stayed there, in one of the hall's corner. She was in silent till everyone arrived.

The concert  ended and everyone was going back home.
Demi was talking to Wilmer while Eddie parked the car.

-How does Florence look? Is it beautiful?

-Yeah, it totally is! I'm in love-Wilmer said-and how is everything going there?

-It's going great! We flew to Dallas yesterday and today has been a cool day. We had a family lunch and then they all came to my concert. We are home now-Demi told her boyfriend.

-Oh my God! What happened?!-Demi heard Dallas shout.

-Oh God!-Dianna shouted before falling down dizzied.

-Dad!! Dad!! Please come in! Hurry up!!-Madison yelled.

-I'm going-Eddie said-Oh my God! Samira! Are you okay?-Eddie shouted when he went into the house.

-Wilmer! I don't know what's going on but I swear I have to leave you now! Samira was ill and everyone is shouting inside home now. I have to take a look-Demi said serious and nervously.

-It's okay, go inside! Talk to you later, I love you!

-I love you-And she hung up.

Demi went into the house and saw a lot of things thrown over the floor, she saw everything messy and Samira crying hysterically at the corner. Demi started to hyperventilate.

-WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?-She said running to Samira.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Did you like the chapter?

Give feedback, comment suggestions or just your opinion!

Hope you're doing okay! Love you, stay trong❤