Chapter 20

Normal POV

It had been almost a month since Demi's Houston concert, and almost a month since the robbery. Demi's mom didn't call to apologize, but Demi didn't neither.
She was hurt, but life continued and so did the tour.

It was March 14th and she was back to her Rosemont (Illinois) hotel with Samira, ready to sleep.

-Are you better now?-Demi asked.

-I'm okay, I promise-Samira nodded.

-But will you tell me why do you end up crying in every one of my concerts? I can't believe the 'I get thrilled because you are really amazing on stage' thing anymore because we've been living together for more than a month and you have listened to me live day after day-Demi told Samira while she had Wilmer's 26th letter in her hand.

-Demi, I promise I'll tell you. But I'm not ready.

-Samira, I don't want to pressure you but you have been saying that for a month, and we can't really help you if you don't tell us the whole truth-Demi added.

-I know. Just let me talk about it to Jessica in my tomorrow's doctor appointment. Maybe she can help me to tell you-Samira answered.

-That's amazing Sam, I know you will be brave to do it! Sleep tight now.

-Thanks. Good night, I love you.

-I love you too baby girl.

Letter number 26:

"Even though it looked like the day of you going home wouldn't arrive, it was already two months since you had left treatment.

We had been together for some weeks and everything was okay between us. Your family had approved our relationship and we were living a dream.

Although you were okay, you weren't totally healed. Like you still say, you aren't a car that can be repaired, and recovery takes time. So as you will remember, you left treatment but you still had your up and downs: You threw up and you got drunk a few times.
You used to cry after that because you knew it was disappointing for us, but mostly for you.

It was March 15th and we had been invited to a birthday party of one of our friends from the PSA of Voto Latino, where we met.
You were nervous and afraid of going to the party and not being strong enough to say NO to the alcohol. But you had to go, for our friend. Also, because it was good for you to face your fears.