Chapter 23

Normal POV

The first floor of Dallas' hospital was in a total silence. The waiting rooms were full of concerned and anguished families in the same or very similar situation as the Lovato-De La Garza family.

It was late, and they had already been a lot of hours waiting into that cold room. Dianna and Madison were sleeping cuddled in the chairs they were sat on, and Dallas also felt asleep an hour ago.

Demi was sat in one of the chairs with her eyes totally opened and staring at the also white walls.

-Demi...You can't stay like this until we get news-Samira who was also awake said to Demi.

-How do you want me to be?-Demi replied not taking her gaze off the walls.

-I know you have to be sad, because as you have taught me this past days, sadness is something we need to experience sometimes-Samira said.

Demi smiled to Samira proud of what she was hearing.

-You're a great student-Demi joked.

-I learned from the best!-Samira winked at Demi and they laughed-Hey! We've got your letters here...go, read one and smile!

-I should! But I don't really feel like writing...-She searched for the letters in her bag-Wanna read for me?

Samira looked at the letters Demi had in her hands and then she looked to Demi.

-You want me to read Wilmer's letters to you?-Samira said with her eyes wide opened.

-Yeah...I don't think you will get scared of anything...I'm sure your little sister told you everything she knew about me...-She said while hitting Samira's shoulder.

-Oh my God...yeah...she did!-Samira laughed.

-Let's read then!

Samira took the letter and started to read out.

Letter number 27:

"We and only we will always know how many up and downs our relationship has had until today.

I remember we had been together for a year, it was January 2012 and we had been separated for a month. I see you weren't happy with our relationship and I felt that you were pressured to be with me, so I decided I should let you go. You were young and you deserved to be free and happy with the person you wanted. You just kept on telling me it wasn't me, that it was you. You know, that typical movies' sentences hahahaha. So I did. I left your life, but as much as I tried I couldn't forget you. I couldn't ignore our remembrances in my mind, your kisses, your hugs, our jokes...I was too sad.

January 30th arrived by fast, it was my 32nd birthday and I was all alone in my apartment. I was sat in the sofa watching TV trying to figure out how to celebrate my day, but I didn't really feel like celebrating anything.

Suddenly I heard the doorbell and I stood up to see you standing into my house's front door with a little cake in your hands.

-Happy 32nd birthday Wilmer!-You said when I opened the door.

-Thank you! What are you doing here?-I asked surprised.

-Well...Did you actually think I would forget your birthday?-You said making me smile.

-Actually, I was already planning an intimate birthday cause looked like I was going to spend my day alone- I told you- You know, my family is far away from me, my friends are working and you...it's a long time I don't see you so...