Waking up

This is the first story in my three part sequel to The Mates Pull. If you haven't read The Mates Pull I strongly suggest that you read that story first. This story takes place about a week after Elise and Vance were brought back to Braxton's mom's house. Also please don't forget to comment and let me know if you're liking the story so far :).
________________________________

I woke up to a pounding headache, as I opened my eyes they watered as they fought to shut again due to the bright light shining down on me.

I lifted my arm to wipe the tears from my swollen eyes.

My arm was heavier than I had expected it to be, it also signaled someone to come over to my side.

"Ellie, sweetie?"

I turned to see my mother's happy but tear filled eyes. "M-mom" I croaked.

She bent down to embrace me and that's when I figured out I was in a bed, I noticed my surroundings and recalled that I was in one of my aunt's guest rooms, then everything came rolling back from the night Patrick found me, the night I escaped those bastards.

Panic instantly set in as I looked around the room, "Vance...VANCE!"

"Shhh, sweetheart calm down, Vance is fine, he is with his parents at the hospital."

My yelling must've startled my father as he suddenly entered the room looking more than a little on edge.

"What happened?" I asked fiercely.

My parents looked at each other before my father spoke up, "after Doctor Pollock arrived we brought you up to this room where you were put under sedation while he examined you. It wasn't long after that, that your cousin and Vance arrived...they were pretty bad Elise, but both are doing much better."

"Well when can I see my mate?" I questioned sad that he wasn't here with me.

"There is more Elise." My father continued, ignoring my question. "Whoever took you and held you two hostage used a very lethal mixture to coat whatever rope was used to tie the two of you up...Foxglove to paralyze you, and Wolfbane do target and neutralize yourWolf...The doctor was happy to find out you and Vance hadn't suffered any long term paralysis...but it effected your wolves."

I looked at him as he seemed to be done. "What does that even mean?" I wondered out loud.

My father suddenly looked extremely pained as he became incapable of speaking any more, so my mother put her hand on my leg and looked at me, "you and Vance were exposed to those ropes for too long, it basically rendered your wolves dormant, for lack of a better term, your wolves are gone."

I shook my head in disbelief, this couldn't be true.

But as my anger rose higher and higher with every passing second, my wolf did not stir the way she use to. I closed my eyes and tried to reach out to her mentally, but I felt idiotic and pissed off that nothing had happened.

I cried for who knows how long. When I finally stopped my mother comforted me the best she could.

"How are you feeling baby?"

I looked at her, I wanted to reply harshly and say "How do you think I feel, I was kidnapped and my wolf who's been with me everyday for the past year going on two is suddenly not there anymore, and my mate is not here with me."