Pack House

VANCE

As I watched her leave I felt content and actually allowed myself to feel happy. But unfortunately the happiness was short lived as jealousy arose.

'Was sex with that guy in Cali even good?'

'Was sex with me any good now that our wolves are gone?'

'I mean it was good for me.'

'Does it feel different without her wolf?'

'Shit I should've checked that I didn't hurt her.'

'Hurt...my leg's starting to throb a little, where are my meds?'

I got up and put on the pajama bottoms that Elise had brought me...that's why I love this girl, no matter how stubborn or angry she might be, she can't help but care for others.

I took one of the pain pills instead of the prescribed two, I hated the way they made me feel. I laid back down and thought about where Elise and I would go from here.

Things will definitely be difficult now more than ever when she has to go back to school, I hated myself for even thinking it but the temptation can get too high, I'm going to have to enlist Tommy's help to watch over her.

I hated that I now have this jealous demon in me, I want to trust her...but after what happened it would be hard.

"I made a promise!" I growled out, I would have to man up and let Ellie live her life and trust that she would always come back to me.

I didn't need my wolf to tell me that if I suddenly became overprotective i'd only push her away.

I willed myself to sleep knowing fully well I'd be seeing her again tomorrow.

_____

"Son." My father sounded upon my approach at the pack house assembly.

"Hi Dad."

"When I saw Elise's car in the driveway yesterday I expected to find the two of you there...care to explain where you were last night and why her car is at the house?"

"Oh she brought it by...-"

"So Vance can look at it for me, I think it needs a tune up thingy or an oil change already." Elise sounded as she came right over and took my hand into hers.

I gave her a quick peck on the lips and smiled at her, "I'm going to take it by the shop first thing on Monday."

He nodded and mom smiled, it seemed as though mom had kept the obvious tension between Elise and I to herself.

"Hey Harper and Brax are over there, lets go tell them hi." She said as she smartly pulled me away from my parents.

Once out of their sight I turned and took her face into my hand, I kissed her properly and watched as a light blush painted her cheeks.

"How was your day?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"Your leg's hurting."

"It's nothing." I said, she gave me a pointed look, "it only hurts here and there and even at that it's more of a sore feeling so don't worry."

She shook her head, "can I ask you something?"

I could see something was wrong and I nodded, "what's up?"

"D-do you think we're being naive...trying to pretend nothing ever happened."

She had hit home with my own concerns, I felt uncomfortable but I knew she needed an answer. "I mean, we're the only ones who can decide if this will be weird or not...no one else has a say in our relationship Ellie, plus I just want to forget about it altogether."