Keep Your Secret

The week after picking out a house with Vance I felt excited, but my excitement was brought back down when my parents returned home from there trip.

Of course I missed them but I couldn't bring myself to tell them about my big news.

"Where's Mariah?" Dad asked.

I shrugged, "she's more than likely at work still, she got a job at the movies." and in fact she did...it was a weekend job and she said she'd more than likely drop it when she had to start school, but right now it was helping to pay for gas and insurance on the car.

He nodding approvingly, "smart girl, you'd do well to follow her lead."

"So are you saying I should get a job?"

He nodded, "it couldn't hurt, gain some responsibility, earn some money...only for the summer of course, last thing I want is anything throwing you off of school."

"Your father's right sweetie, a summer job could do you a lot of good, first real step to becoming an adult, before you know it you'll be off to college, getting your own apartment, supporting yourself."

I smiled uncomfortably.

"A job wouldn't be so bad, maybe I can see if the movies is looking for another summer hire." I sounded.

"Your Aunt is looking for someone to help at the florist shop with her." My father put in.

I liked that option better, the florist is hardly ever busy so it'd be more laid back, plus my aunt owns the shop so I can easily get off for future pack functions, not to mention it's super close to the new house so it will save me on gas come the big move.

"Can I ask you both a question?" I sounded. "So once I move out will you guys still support me?"

"What do you mean sweetie?"

"Like once I start college...if I were to move out would you guys still provide for me or will I basically be on my own?" I asked.

My dad laughed "Elise as long as your mother and I are alive we will always do everything we can to help you with whatever you need...yes there will come a day when we stop paying your way through life but that usually happens once your married." He smiled. "Even still we will always pay for your education and your health care until the day your Husband does...of course we know you're both young so we aren't looking into that option any time soon...but Vance is a great guy, I'm certain he'd never let you go without."

I nodded.

My parents dropped the subject and went their separate ways as Dad needed to talk with my cousin and Mom wanted to call Aunt Priscilla to let her know they were back in town.

And as much as I just wanted to be lazy and enjoy a lazy summer, I knew they were right.

I needed a job, because right now the only money I have is their money and I'm not too sure my dad would like it if I purchased the bed Vance and I would be sharing using his credit card.

I grabbed my keys and headed out to my Aunt's shop.

As I drove I past the house and smiled, soon it'd be my house. I thought about having dinner there with Vance, having our friends over...if Mariah wanted to stay with us she could.

I pulled into the small parking lot of the shop and let myself inside.

"Hi Ellie." My Aunt Priscilla sounded sweetly. "I just got off the phone with your mom...To what do I owe the pleasure?"