Leaving the Nest pt. 2

"Vanny?" I called out as I entered the house, he jogged over and kissed me, I noticed the sweat beading on his forehead. "You've been busy."

"Yeah." He sounded confidently, "the couches we picked came in early so I've been arranging the living room, of course I can redo everything if you don't like the way it looks."

I smiled, "I'm sure I'll love it."

He took my hand and excitedly led me into the living room, I grew excited myself at actually seeing everything we picked in place, so much so that I let go of his hand and walked into the room more. Small touches made things more surreal. The entertainment center was filled with some of my books and his movies, our pictures from dates, trips, PAK formals, and us just being a goofy couple littered the shelves.

"Oh Vanny...this is perfect." I said turning to face him only to find him kneeling in the middle of the living room.

My heart dropped, it was happening.

"I know it isn't over the top or romantic by any means...but I also know none of that junk is you anyways." He smiled so handsomely.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side, and just like this house, I want us to build more memories and fill our lives with even more happiness together." He smiled. "Elise Denise Ocklan, please, please accept this ring so I can stop carrying it around already."

I laughed and he stood up now, taking my hands into his own.

"But seriously though...marry me, complete me and make me the happiest man in the world."

I looked into his eyes and couldn't even contemplate about turning down his proposal.

"Of course you nerd."

He placed the ring onto my finger and I kissed him, sweat and tears had literally gone into this proposal here in our own home.

Time passed but neither of cared.

We found ourselves laying on our new sofa and just enjoying being with each other.

"I think we need to go to sleep soon...you have work in the morning." I pointed out.

He smiled lazily, "I don't want to move."

I had to agree with him, I snuggled into him a little more.

I couldn't be more content with my life at the moment.

Of course it didn't last.

"I'm sure you're excited to let everyone know about our engagement."

I sighed. "About that...I hope you don't mind a short engagement."

I felt him shrug, "I don't mind the length of the engagement, I know I want to be with you forever Elise, so if forever begins a week from now or a year from now then so be it."

I love this man.

"Can I ask what the rush is though?"

I shook my head, "no rush on my end...but it seems as though my moms basically planned out our entire wedding since before I was born."

"If it's not what you want then just tell her, I know your mom will listen to you."

"You don't understand," I objected. "She was super excited to tell me about it, like this is legit the one thing she's always waited for in my entire life and it's finally going to happen, I can't be the one who just breaks her heart by trying to deny her this."

"Babe it's going to be our wedding, and I want to make sure you have everything you want." He sounded.

I nodded, I could see what he was trying to say but he didn't see how happy my mother was.