Revalation

When we got back into town I went straight home to spend time with Mariah. But to my surprise she was just getting there as well.

"Out having fun?" I asked hopefully.

She smiled and nodded, "Surprisingly yes...Uh Tommy came by and asked if I wanted to go to the game...no, that's not true, he came by and told me I needed to come out and watch the team play...said I'd been hiding away for too long and I was getting pale."

I laughed. "Hey that's great Ry...but I don't remember you being a football fan."

And it was true, In our entire high school lives, we'd probably gone to maybe a handful of games.

She shrugged, "it was more of a way to kill some time as I'd already visited mom and there wasn't much else to do...The guys won by the way so that's a plus."

"Well I'm really glad to see you went, and even though Tommy's great at it...I know our team sucks so it was a good thing they actually won."

She laughed and then asked about my weekend.

"So...who all went?" She asked.

I knew that really translated to: "So did Patrick end up going?"

I didn't want to hurt her, but I also didn't want her to find out from someone else...so I kept it vague.

"Just us pack members...of course Patrick went, oh and my Aunt Priscilla went too, it was great to see her out there again." I threw in to quickly steer the conversation away from him.

She nodded, "I bet she had a good time."

"I think she did." I smiled. "Anyways... I'm proud of you for going out, even if it was to a shitty football game... we should go out for dinner, my treat." I suggested.

She nodded, "I'd like that...let me just go have a shower first."

While she showered I got my clothes into the washer, I was checking various apps on my cell when I got a text message from the last person I expected.

[Patrick: Hey you home?]

I looked at the message skeptically before I finally responded.

[Elise: Yeah...Why?]

He didn't take long to respond.

[Patrick: Come out, I need to talk.]
[Patrick: Please.]

I couldn't believe I found myself in this situation. It was so weird texting him, what's weirder is that he was here at my house asking to talk to me.

I looked back at the restroom and heard the shower going and a light sound of Mariah trying to sing under her breath.

I moved and made my way outside.

"Make it quick Westbrook, Mariah's inside and I'm not sure how she'll react to seeing you here."

I could see he seemed sad or on edge, maybe both.

"I'm here because of her." He admitted. "I fucked up, and I know I've been an asshole, but I'm trying Elise."

"Forgive me if I take what you say with a grain of salt." I countered back as I thought of all the girls he's been around town with every since she left.

"What's that suppose to mean." He sounded defensively.

"Patrick, you may feel like shit but that doesn't mean you're sorry...if you were sorry and wanted to fix things with your mate then you wouldn't be seen around town with random chicks constantly."