Planning for the Unplanned

Over the next few days we began to break the news to everyone and for the most part everyone seemed to react similarly to my mother, especially Vance's mother.

She cried for a good while and for a moment I genuinely thought she was upset by the engagement.

But once she gathered her emotions she was all smiles and promptly thrust us into wedding talk.

"Do you two have a date picked out...its far too late for a spring wedding but I suppose a summer wedding can also be cute, oh and of course your brother will have to be your best man, oh my goddess...I'll need a dress, navy of course or is it grey...I'll have to double check, do you two have a venue in mind, ooh and how many people, black tie affair...you know your uncle has that catering business..."

On and on it went for what seemed like hours.

"Mom... you should have lunch with Ellie and her mother, I'm sure they've got all the wedding stuff in her book." Vance offered.

"Book?" She asked.

I nodded solemnly, "yes ma'am, apparently my mom has this huge wedding binder with a wedding she's essentially planned out for me since before I was born."

"Okay then," she sounded excited once again, "well if I know Rebecca I know it is going to be extravagant...I'm going to call her right now and chat." She damn near giggled.

After that we didn't see her for the remainder of our stay.

When we left I felt overwhelmed.

"You okay?" Vance asked gently.

I looked over at him, "just feeling exhausted." I touched his face, "your beards getting kinda long."

"I know," he sounded running his free hand through his hair as well, "I think I'm due for a cut and beard trim."

I loved this grizzly man of mine.

Especially now that the wolves are gone, his beard always made me think about right after he'd shift.

"Hey do you feel any sorta way that I'm hesitant toward planning this wedding?" I asked him.

"I mean not really, it wouldn't be you if you showed a little aversion toward this but that's a good thing babe, shows me you're just not jumping into this...that you're actually thinking this through."

"But you know I love you right?" I asked.

He smiled at me, "still trying to figure out why you love me so much, but yes I do know you love me and I love you...now instead of all this wedding talk, how about we talk honeymoon ideas."

"I don't know, as fun as a bad ass honeymoon sounds...I think we could probably use what we're planning on spending for that, toward the house."

"There are multiple options and it's not like we have to decide tomorrow, but after the wedding our mother's are cooking up I'm sure we're going to need a vacation."

I knew he was right.

______

In the weeks that passed my mother and Mrs Cage had gone above and beyond with the entire wedding business.

I had small inputs here and there as I had mentioned before.

I had persuaded them to hold off at least for a month because with the new house, our new jobs and signing up for school as sad as it sounds, the wedding was the last thing in my mind.

I also convinced them to save their money on a huge hall and have it at the pack house, they insisted of course if it had to be held at a house we use a little nicer of a backdrop for the ceremony so Brax and Harper agreed to let us use their home, well Brax's house as H still hasn't moved in.