Together

"Harper bring the hairspray as well!" Mariah yelled down at Harper who was already on the hunt for bobby pins.

I sighed, all I really wanted was like a huge order of pancakes and a nap...but I was practically pinned into the chair as Mariah began doing my hair.

I hated being confined, as did my Wolf.

"Elise if you don't stop moving I swear on everything holy that I will burn your hair with this curling iron." Mariah griped.

I rolled my eyes, she was all talk.

"Here are the Bobby pins and hairspray." Harper announced as She re-entered the room.

"Thank you," Mariah smiled innocently, "could you please put a clear coat of polish on her nails and be extra extra careful." She instructed Harper

Together they worked carefully while I on the other hand sat in the seat irritably.

"Elise, cheer up girly." Harper smiled, "it's your wedding day and you're here sulking like you're fixing to go to the electric chair."

In truth I suppose I never actually got around to telling Harper how much I was against this entire wedding from the get go.

"I didn't want this wedding." I sighed. "I hate this dress, my hair-"

Mariah glared at me from the mirror, challenging me to say something bad about my hair.

"Well my hair is actually alright, but all of this is something I'm not, I just wanted a small get together and our moms took over giving us this grand and elaborate wedding."

Harper sighed, "I know this isn't what you would have wanted honey, and I'm sure Vance would marry you regardless of what you would've decided...but given the circumstances...well, we weren't even sure this wedding was going to happen?"

This time I couldn't help but remind myself, she was right, after both accidents it seemed like Vance and I deserved this huge celebration not only for us coming together, but as a celebration of the life that we've been given.

Mariah finished up my hair and then made light work with the make-up, soon I was ready and a knock sounded shortly after.

My heart began to race...it was time.

My dad entered the room. "They're ready for you ladies." He informed us.

Mariah and Harper picked up their flowers and began making their way downstairs, My father and I followed suit.

Once they made it down the stairs I watched as Tommy held out his arm to Mariah and they made their way down the aisle.

Next Brax took Harper's hand, they moved elegantly down the aisle and before I knew it the music had changed.

"You alright kiddo?" Dad asked.

I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest and leave a huge bloody stain down the front of my tacky wedding dress.

"I-I'm good." I said as I took in a deep breath. "Vance is waiting for me, so let's get going."

Dad looked at me once more before he kissed my hair and placed my hand into the crook of his arm, he carefully led us down the rest of the stairs and then down the crowded aisle, I could hear slight chatter but blocked it out the minute I locked eyes with Vance.

My handsome mate.

Never in my entire time of knowing him have I ever seen him smile so brightly, and it filled me with joyous pride knowing that the smile was only for me.