Promise

I had to face another obstacle in the form of asking my parents to borrow one of their cars.

"What happened to yours?" My mom asked as we sat down for dinner.

"Oh...well Vance mentioned that it was time for a tune up so he's going to take it by the shop tomorrow."

They both nodded.

"I suppose you can take your mother's car after dinner." My Dad said.

"But no joy riding, you go to the Cages and that's it." Mom said.

I nodded my understanding.

"Vance is actually at the frat house." Dad put in

"What, why?" I asked.

"I figured he'd of told you..." he said suspicious of the situation.

"Well when we talked it's was mostly us telling the other how much we missed one another and I'd tell him about my time with Ry and he'd tell me about his progress with PT."

He nodded his understanding, "The Alpha is having him take George's job in the Elite 30, it was only a matter of time before he'd have to move back into the frat house."

This was news to me but I nodded along with my dad's words. "I'm glad Brax found a way to keep him a part of Elite." I said honestly.

"Well in that case let me get him a plate, I hate thinking that he's not having a decent meal." My mom sounded as she got up from her seat.

My dad and I knew there was no point in arguing with her.

When she came back with a not only a plate of food but also plastic cutlery and napkins I took the bag she had made for him and grabbed her keys.

"You hardly touched your own dinner." She responded as I dashed toward the door.

"I'll eat it when I get back."

I was in a hurry, I wanted this resolved already...I hated not knowing what was going on with Vance and I, if he wants to end things then at least it would be something definitive instead of this unknown bullshit.

I put his food on the floor of the passengers side (to keep it from sliding around so much), I also made a quick stop by his parents house, knowing Vance he would've left the park without going home.

"Hey Ellie, if you came for Vance he's not here." Tommy answered the door.

"I'm actually on my way to the frat house and stopped to pick up some stuff for him." I admitted. "You know your brother."

He nodded his head and let me in, his parents weren't home so I didn't have to have an awkward encounter with Mrs Cage.

I made my way into his room and grabbed one of his old backpacks, I put in some fresh pajama pants, another outfit for tomorrow, clean under clothes, his toothbrush, deodorant, and lastly...his phone charger.

"Catch ya later Tommy." I sounded as I showed myself out, I knew he'd lock the place up once I left.

I drove on and it didn't take me long to get to the frat house, I let myself in and a couple of guys told me hi, I knew if Vance didn't want to see anyone he'd be in his old room. I didn't bother with the stairs and got onto the elevator, I waited less than a minute before it got me to the 2nd floor and I made my way down the hall. Once I reached his room I knocked on his door, I had to wait until he opened it.

"I said I didn't want-oh hey..."

"My mom sent you some food and I stopped by your parents place to get an overnight bag for you...figured you'd need some stuff."