Actions

I finished up my email, I knew my parents would be pissed that I didn't call them but I assured them I would be home this Friday and therefore asked my dad to please get a ticket for me and email back the confirmation.

Whether Mariah wanted to come with me or not I knew I couldn't stay longer than the end of the week.

I needed to go home, I still had to finish up school, and working on living life without my wolf instead of essentially trying to run away from my problems.

When I finally made it back inside (having to walk through the kitchen to get in from the garage) I found Frank in there, cooking.

"Hungry?" He asked as he looked right at me.

It was weird to have a guy look me right in the eye.

Most guys where I'm from usually look anywhere but my eyes as they are usually showing a sign of respect or downright intimidated by the fact that my Cousin is the alpha.

Of course I was the only one in the room other than him, but his gaze seemed to sort of single me out.

"No thank you." I finally sounded.

"Well why don't you tell me about yourself?"

I rolled my eyes, there wasn't much to tell without giving away the fact that I'm sort of a wolf.

So I shrugged, "what's to tell...my names Elise, most people call me Ellie, I'm a senior in high school and I want to be a vet."

He nodded, he was cooking but listening to me at the same time, once more he turned to look at me. "But what brings you to my place?"

I nodded, "I came to California because I was worried about Mariah, I didn't know why she left...had she have told anyone we would've taken her in, she wouldn't have had to leave."

At this he nodded. "Well I'm glad to have met you Elise."

His words sounded genuine.

"I-I think I'll just have a shower before I get to bed."

He seemed to ignore my last statement and only continued to cook. I got up and did as I said.

Once in the restroom I found that I was panting, like I had been running a marathon. There was something about Frank that seemed to draw me in, I couldn't tell you if it was the way he looked at me or maybe it's because he was very good looking...but to know that a man so attractive was showing me any sort of attention was something I wasn't use to.

Don't get me wrong I adore the way Vance looks at me and treats me, and of course Vance is very attractive as well...but this was different.

This was dangerous as I knew I shouldn't be thinking about another guy.

But why did I want him to keep looking at me?

I showered and as I exited the restroom of course Frank would be walking toward his bedroom, the door was right next to the bathroom.

"Oh excuse me." I sounded as I tried to pass him in the hall.

He turned and faced me, "have a good night Elise."

It was in that moment that a wet piece of hair fell forward and Frank simply reached out and easily brushed my hair back into place.

I could only stand there and look at him...I wasn't sure what I expected to happen, but when he only smiled and then went into his bedroom (closing the door behind him) I walked away a little disappointed.

I laid down and for the first time in my entire life and I thought about another man kissing me, and I liked it.

__________