Calls pt 1

Later in the day we actually did meet up with those two guys we had met on the beach the night before.

I was skeptical at first, two girls riding around town with two complete strangers (especially after what happened to Vance and I, my mind automatically went to the worst case scenarios), but they were both very sweet, we soon found out they were lovers.

They showed us the best spots to eat, best bars to chill at, and so on. We hit up a couple of shops that we would never have back home.

"I haven't even asked, how's Vance doing?" Mariah asked as we sat down at an elegant bistro.

I smiled and nodded my head, "he's better, last I talked to him he was going stir crazy in his casts, but glad to be out of the hospital."

"And you called your parents and let them know you made it right?"

Once again I nodded, but this time o rolled my eyes and smiled as we ate, "of course, I called them while I waited on you yesterday."

All through lunch I wanted so badly to call Vance and check on him, I finally excused myself and went to ladies to give him a call.

"There's my favorite girl." He answered almost immediately. "Any luck finding Mariah?"

I smiled warmly, I hadn't realized I missed hearing his voice, "yeah I found her, just trying to convince her to come back home with me."

"Well as much as I miss you, I'm glad you are able to spend some time with your friend...meanwhile I'm here stuck doing physical therapy."

I sighed, "please try and take it easy, your body is still healing."

"I'm good..." He said a bit more stern than I was expecting. "I'm so tired of everyone trying to coddle me or tell me I'm not ready."

"Hey chill I'm just worried about you."

"I've got enough people worrying about me, what I need is my mate supporting me."

I didn't have to be with him physically to know that he was annoyed by something, and with Vance the best thing to do was always let him hash things out on his own. "Well I love you and I'll talk to you later." I said as a gentle goodbye.

"Love you too." He sighed before we hung up.

I didn't like this new emotionally driven Vance, I wonder if his wolf had been in charge of his emotions...now without it, he seemed to be lashing out.

And before going back to the table I also called Braxton.

"Ellie, hows everything going out there."

"As good as can be expected...I found Mariah."

"Fantastic." He said before cutting right to the chase, "she let on about anything she may have an idea about concerning us?"

I lied...and I knew only Vance and I would the be the only two people in the entire pack to be able to this now...not that Vance ever would. "She knows everything."

"What...How?"

"She flat out accused me of being a werewolf once I got to her house...we were alone of course, then she was asking about Mates and everything else."

"And what did you do?"

"I looked at her like she was crazy so she dropped it for the time being, but I know her Brax...if she's even half curious she will dig until she gets answers." This much was true, Mariah has always been very determined.

He sighed heavily. "Alright, go ahead and tell her, last thing I need is some human getting hurt trying to uncover our pack and the truth about us." Braxton sighed and paused for a moment. "I've been thinking about it and honestly I think I'm going to keep this low...only your parents, me, and you know the truth about Mariah finding out about us...I don't want this getting out to the pack and causing any worry about our secret being revealed to a human so casually."