Unexpected Pt 2

"Vanny can I just say again how grateful I am that you agreed to help us."

"It's nothing." Vance smiled as Tommy and Mariah bagged as much of her stuff as they could.

"And I'm also really really sorry about having to cancel our date."

He looked at me, he sighed but then smiled, "I do have to admit, that one's a little bit of a harder pill to swallow." He said before he took my face in his hands, "but I'd do anything for you Elise."

I let him kiss me...and I may have been trying to let it grow into something more too as it had been a few days since we were intimate and I wanted to relay to him just how much I genuinely missed him.

"Hey love birds...not trying to be unappreciative but do you think you can start loading these and we can call it a night." Mariah commented.

I laughed a little and Vance begrudgingly took the two trash bags filled with her clothes and shoes and put them into his car, we assessed the "damage" as well.

"You can bunk with me tonight. I offered."

"I'll see if Ryder would be willing to help out in picking up your bed too since he has a truck." Vance said.

This would be a huge help as Mariah would be moving into the spare bedroom Dad had made into an office, He didn't mind as he doesn't use it often anyways.

"I mean technically I could just stay here, but it's a little depressing thinking about being here alone." She confessed.

I hugged her tightly, "I'm glad you came back."

She nodded, "me too."

"You ladies ready to call it a night?" Vance asked sweetly. We nodded and followed Mariah out, she locked up and volunteered to ride back with Tommy, so Vance and I could be alone if even for a short while longer.

"Thanks again for helping Mariah and I."

He simply gave me his signature side smirk, "you know it was no problem, really."

"But I ruined your date."

He shook his head, "in wasn't like a date-date, just something I've been wanting to do for a while and I kinda wanted it to be special for you."

"You're too good for me." I remarked. "Plus you know I'm not into all that fancy-schmancy over the top romantic gesture stuff."

He nodded.

We drove on in a comfortable silence and once we got to my place we all helped get Mariah's stuff into the house. While she busied herself getting situated I told Tommy and Vance bye.

"Maybe we can try again tomorrow night?" I suggested once Tommy Had taken off in his own car.

He nodded, "can't make any promises that it will be as good as it should of been...but I'll see what I can do."

"Anything you plan will be great because I'm getting to do something with you." I said.

He smiled, "I love you so much Ellie."

"I love you too."

He kissed me only once more before I turned to make my way into the house...I wished I could go and spend the night with him, but I was also thrilled to finally have Mariah back so I knew I wouldn't abandon her now.