Texting

It's been about two weeks since Brax and Harper hosted a council member and Vance and I have done everything to keep our relationship going strong, we even had a very good thanksgiving and and even better Black Friday.

It seemed that once we'd actually talked everything out it really didn't leave much for he imagination, and in this case that was a good thing considering Vance nor myself had to imagine what happened or compare ourselves or wonder if the other enjoyed it or anything like that.

We'd said our peace and to be honest it everything just seemed to come so easy, almost too easy...paranoia was a reoccurring trait of mine now.

While I'm still struggling with the fact that my wolf isn't here anymore I was glad to have Vance by my side going through the same thing...just having someone I can open up to helps a lot.

Mom and I had just gotten back from doing some shopping when Brax let himself in.

"Hey sweetie, you hungry...I was just about to start lunch." My mom sounded as she greeted him with a hug.

He hugged her back, "thanks but I can't stay very long...I'm actually here on pack business."

"Well your uncle isn't home at the moment."

He nodded, "I've already discussed this with him, but truth be told...I actually have to talk to Elise."

I sighed, "of course you do." I said as I motioned for him to follow me into the living room. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked as I took a seat on one of the sofas.

"Always so sarcastic little cousin."

I shrugged, "it's kinda my thing."

I watched him glance down at my bag, "school shopping?"

"Yeah...I've been on medical leave for too long and I'm kinda antsy to go back."

"I think that'd be great for you Ellie." He smiled, but it faltered a bit, "speaking of school as you get ready to go back...I wanted to come over and tell to that I've decided I'd like to have you and Tommy around, I still want you to look after Harper for me-"

"And you want Tommy to look after me." I finished for him, I was hurt.

"Elise...it's for the best really, all we want is your safety."

"Who's we?" I asked.

"Me, your father, your mate-"

"Vance was part of this decision?" I inquired even more offended. Since when did we ever do anything behind the others back (other than the cheating incident which I fessed up to and instantly regretted).

"He voiced his concerns but it was ultimately my decision."

I rolled my eyes.

"Your main concern is your mate, I doubt you would've even thought about me had one of them not brought it up!"

"That isn't true Elise, while I love my mate very much my main concern is and always will be my pack and it's members, further more you are my cousin Elise how could you ever think I wouldn't worry about you or even Patrick for that matter, but given the circumstances you require more safety protocols and I will make sure you are properly looked after."

I knew he meant well but my pride was now broken even more than before.

"Should I say thank you?"

He let out a heavy sigh, "don't be angry little cousin, you are loved and that's why we're doing this."

I watched as he left and shortly after my mother entered the living room.

"You know he's right sweetheart."