Roadtrip

Friday after school I went straight home and grabbed my already packed bag.

"You sure you can't come with us?" I asked Mariah once more.

"For the last time," she smiled. "I'll be fine, I'm just going to check on mom and maybe I'll go to the movies or dinner."

I hated leaving her alone, with mom and dad gone she was really going to be alone.

I told her bye and then headed out to Vance's place. When I got there I let myself in as usual. Tommy peeked his head out of the kitchen.

"Hey Ellie, Vance is in his room."

"Thanks Tommy." I said before thinking of something. "Hey do you think you can do me a favor?" I asked.

"What's up?"

"Well we're all headed out to the lake house, thing is Mariah's at my place and since mom and dad are gone for the weekend too she's gonna be by herself...do you mind checking in on her every now and again, I-I know she isn't part of the pack or anything, but she's a good friend of mine."

He nodded, "yeah I don't mind."

I thanked him again before Vance joined us, "ready?" He asked with his handsome side smirk.

I smiled at him and nodded my response, we told Tommy bye and left. We drove in a comfortable silence.

"Braxton had Ryder go out this morning to get the place ready for all of us so hopefully we get there before anyone else so we can get a decent room."

"They haven't cleaned that place up yet?" I asked. "Maybe I should see if my aunt wants me to help her."

"Well it's Braxton's Lake house now...and I think he mentioned Harper and your Aunt has been going through some stuff there, I don't know what all they've exactly done but here's hoping we get a decent room regardless."

I nodded, "well we already know Braxton and Harper will take the master suite, there are two rooms with a large single bed and one room with bunk beds..."

"Ryder will respect that we're mates and need our own room, Patrick on the other hand is one who doesn't care, to him it's first come first serve...plus he did say he'd be bringing a guest."

"He shouldn't even be allowed to...Mates or no one." I said.

"You we're inviting Mariah." He pointed out.

I hated when he was right so I stayed quiet.

He sighed, "you know he tends to kinda do what he wants."

I rolled my eyes, "he's a jackass."

Vance chuckled and drove on, we stopped at a gas station to fuel up the car and grab some snacks, granted we didn't have much of a drive left but we figured having snacks tucked away in our room wouldn't hurt.

When we finally got to the lake house Ryder greeted us kindly.

"You two need a hand with the bags?" He asked.

Vance nodded and the two made quick work with our small luggage.

"Have you picked a room yet?" I asked when the guys came back outside from dropping the bags off inside one of the rooms.

"Nah, I'm actually gonna jet as soon as Braxton gets here...I kinda had plans already."

"Ooh, whose the lucky girl?" I asked teasingly.

He fought back a smile and shook his head, "it's not like that, just a small study session for finals."

I like Ryder, he's a really down to earth sorta guy, and even though his father is an Alpha, you'd never know it because he isn't as flashy as most Alpha's sons...my cousin included.