The Final Countdown

The last thing I ever promised Joan was that I'd get Mariah and Patrick together...and I intended to keep my promise.

Vance

"I told everyone six for the practice and then Brax is going to be barbecuing at the packhouse for the dinner." Elise said once again. "I've talked about this for the past two and a half weeks so everyone better be on time."

I noticed as the wedding drew nearer and nearer Elise had unknowingly began to stress, and with our actual wedding only two days away now, her stress levels were now an all time high.

I know she loves to act all nonchalant and tough...but I know that deep down She actually really cares, and as much as she didn't exactly want the wedding our mothers planned out, I know she'd be devastated if things didn't go as planned.

I pulled up to Braxton's house and helped Elise out of the car, I saw my dad's truck so I knew my family would be there.

We let ourselves in and found Braxton in the back yard with my dad and Tommy, Harper was in the kitchen with Elise's parents, Mariah, and The Luna Dowager, and my mom was the one to greet us.

"It's almost time." She smiled "we're in the final stretch now."

I smiled, "can't wait."

Elise looked at me and I couldn't help but smile even more.

"Is everyone here?" Ellie asked.

Mom shook her head, "we're just waiting on George and then we can get started."

We chatted with everyone before George showed up, once here Elise's aunt Priscilla started setting people up.

"The arch will go here." She gesture with her hands, "of course George you will stand right in the center, down the aisle first will be the Cages...so Brian, Virginia if you could please."

I watched on smiling as mom and dad made their way down the aisle together.

"Next will be the Ocklans...Richard, Rebecca go ahead then."

Once Elise's parents were seated Braxton's mom turned to me "Vance honey you will be making your way down the aisle alone, once you make your way to the end of the aisle you will stand to George's left."

I let go of Ellie's hand and walked down awkwardly before I took my requested position next to George.

"Next the groomsmen...wait hold on, maybe I should walk with Rebecca because Rich once you've walked her you'll have to run back to escort Ellie, at least this way I can walk with her and we can both take a seat and then your main focus will be your daughter." My old Luna suggested.

Everyone seemed to agree.

So we did it all over again, George went first followed by mom and dad, then Priscilla and Rebecca Ocklan, next was me and finally the wedding party.

Surprising to some, but our first pair was actually Mariah and Tommy as he is my brother so he's a little more important than the Alpha and Luna to be.

"Finally will be our lovely bride, your cue will be the music, once you reach the end of the aisle George will ask who's giving Elise away, Richard will respond with-"

"Her mother and I do." He said.

She smiled and nodded, "of course, you will then place her hand into Vance's, she'll turn and give her bouquet to Mariah who is standing closest to her and before she joins Vance to the center for the ceremony to begin."

And just like that everything played out to perfection. I watched as Richard brought Elise toward me, he pecked her cheek before George went on to ask who gave her away.