Hospital

"How may I help you miss?" An older woman asked with a kind smile.

"Oh, yes...could you please tell me where I can find Vance Cage?"

She nodded and then focused on her computer, "it looks like he is on floor two, room two-ten."

"Thank you." I smiled.

She then gave me instructions to the elevator before I went on my way.

Once I reached the second floor I quickly made my way down the halls in search for his room, I had found it with ease.

I was just about to walk in when a young nurse walked out. "Hello, how may I help you?"

"I'm here to visit with Vance Cage."

She looked back at the room, "and may I ask how it is that you know Mr Cage?"

I quickly got defensive and prepared to hold my wolf back from coming forward, but the urge wasn't there...just like she wasn't there.

I also knew losing my temper wasn't going to get me anywhere.

But I didn't fail to notice that this nurse was young and pretty, and I know for a fact my Mate is beyond attractive, I'd noticed many females looking at him before, but he never paid them any attention.

"I'm his fiancée." I said as sweetly as I could...I mean, sure it wasn't exactly the truth, no Vance hadn't asked me to marry him...but how do you explain mates to a human? And I wouldn't dare call him my boyfriend as he is sooo much more than that.

She looked down at my bare hands, obviously she didn't see an engagement ring.

I watched as she looked over at another nurse sitting at the nurses station and smiled before turning her attention back to me, "I'm sorry, but only family may visit with Mr Cage at the moment." And just like that she carefully closed the door, blocking him from my view.

"What if I call his parents, I'm sure they would vouch for me." I offered, "I'm practically his wife."

"You'll need to calm down or you will have to leave miss."

'Calm down' I hadn't even so much as raised my voice...but I knew I could raise hell if need be.

And just as I was getting ready to start bitching out this stuck-up nurse who seemed to be getting a kick out of refusing my entry to see Vance I was interrupted.

"What's going on here?"

We both turned to find Tommy approaching.

"Tommy?" I sounded before I hugged him.

"Ellie, it's so good to see you...are you okay?"

"I'd be better if I could see Vance." I admitted.

"She isn't family." The nurse put in.

"And...Vance has had friends visit him this past week and there hasn't been an issue, why now?" He asked.

The nurse looked over to the nurses station and I followed her gaze to see another young nurse who quickly busied herself so as not to get caught.

So she was purposely trying to keep me from seeing Vance.

"Yes...well, as for Mister Cages past visitors, there were family present to authorize their visit."

Tommy and I both knew she was lying and Tommy called her out on it. "Bullshit...but whatever...I'm his brother and I say Elise Ocklan can see Vance Cage whenever she wants to, Unless Vance's doctor tells us otherwise." Tommy sounded with slight authority now.