Home (part two)

I sat on the floor of Mariah's room and listened in pure disgust as Vance did who knows what with I don't even know who.

I wanted to vomit.

I wanted to kill someone.

Worst of all, all I really wanted to do was shift and run but I couldn't.

I hated him but I hated myself more!

How could I have been so stupid to sleep with another guy?

I ruined everything, I didn't have my wolf anymore and now I didn't have my mate either. I wanted to just leave and never come back here, but the only place I would go is home, where I would eventually have to face Vance, and seeing him would be heartbreaking right now.

I resigned to laying down next to Mariah.

I laid down and cried myself to sleep.

In the morning Mariah cheerily woke me up but I wasn't in the mood.

"What's wrong sulky?" She asked playfully.

There was no use in trying to pretend everything was okay. Plus this was Mariah, if there was anyone I could talk about this with it is her, had it been Harper I would've had to keep it to myself simply because she would have lectured me and made me feel even worse than I already do.

"I fucked up last night."

"Ellie what happened?" She asked more concerned this time.

"I cheated on Vance, and I told him everything and what's the first thing he does...goes out and finds himself some fucking slut." I cried.

"That asshole!" She shouted.

"I guess he had every right to do what he wanted seeing as I did what I thought I wanted."

"No Elise, you messed up...sure you didn't accidentally fall onto some strangers dick, but it's something you did and felt shitty about afterward so you womaned up and told him the truth...he on the other hand went out knowing fully well he was going to hook up with someone just to spite you."

What she said made sense, no I didn't intend on sleeping with someone, he on the other hand did.

"Two wrongs don't make a right though Mariah." I sighed in defeat, "and now my life is more fucked up than when I left."

She only sat next to me and held my hand, "who was the guy anyways?"

I knew I would never be able to tell ANYONE that it was her brother that I had slept with, no one would forgive that, so I lied. "Just some guy I met when we split up last night."

She nodded in a 'been there' sorta way.

"Well I have to get ready for work, and you my friend need to start getting your stuff together otherwise you'll miss your flight." She pointed out.

I got up and pulled her into a hug, "I wish you could come with me."

It was true, I needed her now more than ever as she was the only one other than Vance who knew what I had done. When I get back home I'd have to act like everything was fine in front of Harper and Braxton, soon enough people would figure out Vance and I aren't talking...maybe we could use our lack of wolves as an excuse for our breakup.

"If you hurry I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind dropping you off at the airport."

I didn't really acknowledge that I heard her but I would be damned if I ever let myself be alone with Frank again.

As my friend got ready to continue on with her day I gathered all of my stuff (not really caring what it looked like) and tossed it into my luggage.

"I still can't believe you came all the way over here just for me." She smiled as she gave me one final hug.

My taxi was pulling up, "well you you sorta left without so much as a goodbye to anyone." I smiled, "you better come home soon."

"I will, I promise...give my love to your parents." She said before we finally pulled apart. With my bags in the trunk I got into the taxi cab and remained silent the whole ride.

__________

"We're so glad you made it back safely." My mom sounded as she and my father practically squeezed me to death.

It hurt to bring it up, but I knew it would seem odd if I didn't at lest ask about him.

"Have you guys talked to Vance?"

This time it was my father who spoke, "we had dinner at his parents house a few nights ago, they said Vance is practically back to his old self, he walking on his own and everything."

I was glad to hear it.

"Sweetie if you'd like, your father and I can drop you off on the way home." My mom suggested sweetly.

I know she meant well but the pain in my heart was worse than ever.

"No mom, thank you though...I just really missed being at home."

My mother and father smiled at each other, I knew they really miss me and of course I missed them as well, but I couldn't begin to imagine how much they'd be disappointed in me if they ever found out what I did when I was away.

When we got home I went up to my room, threw my bags into my bed, then I text Mariah and Vance the same text message.

[Elise: I'm home.]

Mariah text immediately about how she already missed me and was so happy that I made the trip out there.

[Elise: I forgot to ask...everyone's going to ask why you left...what do you want me to tel them?]

[Mariah: I don't mind if your parents know, but I don't know about everyone else.]

I sighed I didn't want to put her off but if I told my parents and then Brax asked me I could lie through my teeth but my parents couldn't...he'd still find out which means he could tell anyone he damn well pleased.

[Elise: My Alpha will ask, and hell more than likely tell H.]

It took her a moment to respond.

[Mariah: Him ONLY, just ask him to try not to tell anyone other than H.]

I understood and agreed.

My mom came into the room to collect my dirty clothes and I was able to shower before
Vance finally responded.

[Vance: We need to talk.]

That familiar pit in my stomach grew even more, I knew nothing good would come of this conversation and I was dreading it altogether...but he was right, Vance and I did need to talk so we fully knew where we each stand.

[Elise: meet me at Henderson park, I don't feel comfortable talking at my place.]

He text back immediately.

[Vance: be there in 5]

And just like that I grabbed my keys and headed back down the stairs. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna go and meet up with Vance really quick."

The smile I wore was the absolute best fake smile ever as my parents looked over at me lovingly oblivious.

"Well have fun, and be back in time for dinner." My dad ordered.

"Yes sir."

After that I got into my car...the same one that Vance had purchased for me.

I didn't want to cry, I was never the girl to cry for stupid things...but right now as I sat and thought about all of the memories I was flushing down the toilet because of one stupid mistake that I made, I couldn't help but try and fight back the lump that was steadily growing in my throat as my eyes misted with fresh tears.

It was something I would never be able to take back.

And it was definitely something I would regret for the rest of my life.

I finally took off toward the park, I had arrived first so I got out of the car and waited for Vance at one of the tables.