Permission

Vance

It had been more than a few days since we went house hunting and unbeknownst to Elise I had begun shopping here and there mainly things like the washer and dyer, the bed, some book shelves and a desk, a lawnmower...the boring and basic stuff. I'd let her choose the linens, the dishes, and together we can pick out the sofas.

I was so happy to finally be taking a step forward, with the house finally situated, or at least knowing I have a place that I can call my own, and me starting up my paid internship in a week I felt more confident than ever with asking Elise to marry me.

Now I just had one more obstacle before I actually pop the question.

I found myself at the pack house.

I saw a ton of people I went to highschool with and of course Braxton and Ryder were there for their weekly meeting, so no doubt Richard Ocklan would also be here.

I made small conversations with some of my brothers friends from school and then I noticed Mr Ocklan walking out of the office with Braxton and Ryder.

"Vance." Ryder sounded.

I approached them "hey man...Alpha." I said to the both of them.

"What brings you by this evening?" Elise's Dad asked.

"Actually I came looking for you Mr Ocklan."

They all looked at me.

"Can we talk in private?"

Now Richard Ocklan is probably one of the most down to earth, nicest guys around...but right now he was terrifying.

"Sure Vance," he said before turning to Braxton, "Alpha do you mind?" He asked in reference to using the office.

Braxton motioned for us to go ahead so I followed him in and he closed the door behind me.

"So...what could be so important you had to find me at the pack house?" He asked, he still had a smile on his face.

"It's kinda warm in here." I replied nervously, "um, but sir...I wanted to talk to you in regards to, well...I wanted to know if."

"Calm down Vance." He suggested as I was stumbling over my words.

"Sorry sir, I've never had to do this before." I said with a more than nervous laugh.

"Hey I'm just a guy...nothing can be so bad that you're a nervous wreck." He voiced calmly.

I nodded.

"Mr Ocklan...I love you daughter sir, and we have gone through a lot together and by some miracle even after what happened to us, Elise still chose to be with me, despite us not being Mates anymore...I guess what I'm really trying to ask is, may I please have your blessing to ask for your daughters hand in marriage?"

__________

Elise

My mind was swirling as I drove home.

I contemplated driving over to Vance but there were three places he could be now and honestly I didn't want to run around town looking for him. I could call him, but I was afraid of what I'd say and end up hurting his feeling by possibly saying the wrong thing.