HQ C.5: Coaching

Summary: "Sometimes being mean saves people from something worse. I'm not scared to play the bad guy if it means ultimately being the superhero."

Notes: I am really contemplating if this chapter is a good idea so it might be heavily edited in the future.. But for now - enjoy!

The gym was empty, the boys had been sent on a jog that the rest of the sport teams had already embarked on that morning, for their first run it was estimated they should take at least an hour as the rest of the teams that ran the same course daily, ran it in thirty minutes and then they would shower and eat breakfast.

Three girls were currently all sitting on the floor, discussing the teams they had been chosen to coach and who was going to cover for Sam, who was the missing Karasuno coach.

"Where's Angel?"

"She ran off again and Haru can't cover for her because she had to go find the her."

The girls sighed but the bluenette beamed, "I can cover Karasuno until she turns up - or we could just do a group training for the first session so they get used to us and our regime."

"Good idea, Aoi! You're the best!"

The girls pulled out the whiteboard and where just starting to write down the regime when the doors slammed open,

"Who won?"

Aoi leapt to her feet, stars seemingly gleamed in her eyes, "You're Karasuno's 9-10 duo! You really are monsters, completing the warm up in about thirty minutes."

Hinata paused his pulling of Kageyama's hair to glance at her, "Y-You're so small, I can finally feel like a giant!"

Kageyama dropped the fist full of Hinata's t-shirt to double over laughing as Hinata puffed out his chest and held his head up high.

"I might be small but I can dig a ball out of the earth! I'm the third best libero, my height is one of my greatest assets!" Aoi proclaimed, pointing at herself whilst he other two girls started laughing, but Kageyama and Hinata had stopped laughing, there was something very similar between their libero and Aoi.

"Well boys, your reward can be that you get to set up the court and once you're done help yourself to a snack. We keep them in the cupboard where the first aid is. It's seems to be the one place Angel never goes." One of the other girls laughed at the comment.

As the boys finished setting up, other players started filing in. Once everyone was sitting down the three girls explained what was happening and the practicing started soon after.

The four teams getting used to playing with each other and against each other,   whilst the girls stood at to the sides noting down things to work on with their teams.

An hour into practice, the girls pulled on their knee pads and joined in the practice. At first the boys were sceptical of playing with them but after seeing them play, training continued normally.

A thud stopped everyone mid game, one of the girls, the youngest, had just been spiked in the face by Lev, who was instantly apologising. But the team was so preoccupied with the girl they didn't notice the gym door slam open.

"Are you crying?"

The gym hushed, and everyone turned to find Sam leaning against the doors, arms crossed with Haru standing by her side looking equally unimpressed.

"I'm sorry?"

"Did I stutter? I asked if you were crying."

The girl looked to the floor, before nodding slowly and sniffing heavily.

"There are no tears in volleyball. You're obviously not cut out for this team so go join a non-contact sport like the swimming team."

The girl burst into fresh tears causing Sam to grind her teeth, before she smiled, her eyes full of sadness.

"Look Misa-chan, I really like you. For a first year to be chosen as a coach I think it was a mistake. You're a good player but as a setter if you cry that easily you're not cut out to be the pillar of the team. So come back when you can handle a ball to the face. Now come here and give me a hug."

The girl looked up and sprinted to Sam who enveloped her in a hug, stroking her trembling shoulders, "it's for the best. Come back and prove me wrong."

Once the tears had stopped they bowed to each other and the girl left, closing the doors behind her.

"Haru-chan can coach Aoba Jousai instead!"

The boys looked at each other., shocked at what they had just witnessed before Hinata jumped behind Kageyama shouting, "wanna go?"

Sam laughed, "only if it's some place nice with candlelight."

The boys seemed to visibly relax and soon they had started playing again.

But as the boys started up, Sam playing with Karusuno and Haru with Aoba Jousai, one captain was completely against what had just occurred.

"Ya-ho~ Angel-sama, I know you're famous and a genius but that doesn't give you the right to kick a girl out of the team just because she cried."

"Oikawa-san, sometimes being mean saves people from something worse. I'm not scared to be the bad guy if it means ultimately being the superhero."

Oikawa frowned at her words and from behind him he heard Haru mumble under her breath, "don't think of me as such a bad vice captain, if she was doing something wrong, I would have kicked the lights out of her."

Oikawa turned surprised at Haru's words, "what do you mean, Haru-chan?"

"Use your mind, setter of the year-chan!"

Then the game continued, Sam and Haru coming to grips with their teams whilst their teams got used to their new coaches.

15/11/15

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow