HQ C.34: Change

Summary: A reunion instantly followed by a big change.

Notes: Comments get me updating faster~

Footsteps echoed around the gym, as the door was slammed open revealing a pair of emerald eyes hidden behind a scowl, "So how was your break Angel?" Haru who had been practicing with some of the team members walked off the court and jogged to the blonde, wearing a relaxed grin.

"Y'know, last time I checked that is not what an apology sounded like," Sam replied, a hand landing on her hip as she leant back onto the door frame, all hostility still visible in just her scowl.

"Bite me," Haru mockingly leaned forward snapping her teeth, "I thought you were going to say something worth while."

The two glared at each other before a smile began to tug on Haru's lips as she broke into a massive grin, instantly Sam was also grinning as they tackled each other in a bear hug, falling into the floor with the sheer force.

The other team members just watched, so used to the weird behaviour that it wasn't even worth mentioning, "I missed you Sam!" Haru laughed before they both sat back up,

"I seriously can't believe you dumped those asshats on me,"

"Well me and the girls were figuring out the mix you teams, and you're in for a treat," Haru smirked as Sam's entire face scrunched up, Sam watched Haru's lips as she revealed the truth,

"You didn't."

"I kind of did."

"Please for me, I'm gonna have a breakdown. "

"I'm sure you'll manage."

"But Haru-chan-"

"It's only fair you know how we feel when you're being yourself,"

Sam groaned and slouched forward head in hands, as the other girls crowded around laughing and cheering for their captain.

The gym just got louder, as the rest of the boys filed into the gym all shouting and laughing as they sat down as they had all been notified about a massive notice that was to be revealed.

Sam stood up and unaware if just how loud everyone was started to talk, "This is our last term together," a hush suddenly swept across the gym, "we have decided to mix up the teams. As a volleyball player you will all learn how to say goodbye to those as close," she paused and turned to look at her team before smiling, "or even closer than family."

The younger years turned to their senpais all to aware of what was going to happen, "so you just learn quickly how to not only make friends but get in with new teammates. This is our last challenge we are setting for you so I expect only the best."

Then grinning Sam gave them a thumbs up and they all grinned returning the gesture, "Let's fight!"

Soon the boys were sorted into the teams decided by Haru and the rest of her team, the teams had been generally sorted into mainly offensive and mainly defensive meaning those who specialised would be forced to work on aspects they might not use as often.

Sam had been given the mainly offensive team of the players that were generally the hardest to control, Kuroo, Bokuto, Kuroo, Akaashi, Hinata and Tsukishima. Sam let out a long groan as Oikawa and Kuroo instantly started complaining about not having their partners while Hinata sidestepped towards Sam, ending up nestled in front of her. Tsukishima just watched, pushed up his glasses sighing heavily.

"Okay boys, we're going out and I'm gonna make you do some laps whilst a figure out what the hell I'm gonna do with this team. So start your laps," Sam sat down on the grass next to a road that ran last the school, sending the boys on the run they had completed in the morning.

As they all jogged off, grumbling and making complaints that didn't reach the blondes ears, who slowly laid down on the green grass placing a blade between her lips slowly figuring out what she was to do with her team.

Then out of the corner of her eye she saw a black car speeding up the country lanes and  then slowing down as it passed her, emerald eyes locked onto the silhouette of someone she didn't want to see and Sam was instantly leaping up and watching the car speed away again. She lifted her shaky hands to her eyes rubbing them hard wondering if it was an illusion. But Sam knew, although she may be missing one sense her others were never wrong.

Slowly Sam flopped back onto the ground, swinging an arm over her eyes trying to think of a happy place, on the court with the adrenaline surrounded by those she trusted and loved. But then she could see the crossed arms and shaking head and she sprang back up knocking heads with Hinata in the process.

"Sam-kun, what happened?" She looked at him before grinning,

"Nothing. I just got tired suddenly," Hinata grinned back but could see the black feathers lying on the floor and the force behind her smile and knew she was lying but didn't push further.

Soon the rest of the boys had joined, panting and they soon began chatting about the team uniform, which would be red and gold as Sam had a bunch of their old boys uniforms in storage. And her team were going to play in a school tournament.

"Sam-chan you know we have two setters, right?" Oikawa was looking at Aakashi with a slight glare muttering about pretty setters.

"Aakashi, you are going to be the main setter but you will be spiking for Oikawa, who I know from his serves has a strong spike. Tsukishima you're going middle blocker and Hinata and Bokuto are going as the wing spikers, Kuroo have a strong back attack and your defence is amazing so you're going back with Oikawa and Aakashi. Any problems, tell me now."

The boys all nodded finding it slightly weird when Sam morphed from fun to serious, but it was reassuring to know she was taking it seriously.

As they chatted, Sam couldn't erase the memory of that black car and the haunting silhouette knowing she was going to have to face her demons too soon for her liking.

19/04/16

  Vote/Comment/Share/Follow