HQ C.17: Warm Up

Summary: Warming up takes a turn for the worst and the boys find out that Angel truly is something else.

Notes: sorry for the late update~
Also I was listening to my iwaoi playlist so it might have influenced my writing style, slightly.

After dinner, the boys filed into the gym filled with nerves. It was a feeling familiar to Haru who got extremely nervous before matches - unlike Angel who would just be a bundle of pent-up energy bouncing off the walls and it was similar when they got to the gym to be greeted with Angel sitting on the floor in the splits whilst leaning forward, stretching.

Nishinoya instantly forgot why he was nervous and ran over to Angel before sliding on the floor and into the splits before facing her and the boys all laughed as the two high-fived, "I had no idea you were that flexible Yuu!"

As they continued to chatter as they stretched, Asahi covered his face with a hand holding in a nosebleed and ran outside, as Suga made eye contact with Daichi as they both smirked knowingly.

Meanwhile, Angel had pulled her legs straight and forward so she was sitting with both hands clasped around her feet, then slowly she rolled backwards one foot touching the floor, the other dead straight before she rolled onto her feet. Pulling a leg into the air and holding it above her head before moving into a one hand handstand, her legs slowly forming the splits before her wrist seemed to buckle and she fell onto the floor with a thud.

Haru had instantly run over to her pushing past the boys, to find Kuroo, Oikawa and Bokuto laughing with Angel hysterically, "You are such a show-off!"

"Oh come off it, I know I looked good," Angel replied with a smirk.

"Not when you were falling flat onto your face."

"Still you admit I looked good so who's the real winner,"

Haru in the meantime had been slowly moving Angel's wrist whilst she conversed with the boys and replied hastily, "Not you. I think you've sprained your wrist which means you can't play. Therefore, you are definitely not a winner."

Angel's face instantly scrunched up in a scowl as she was forced to leave the boys to continue their warm up. Clutching her right wrist she jogged out of the gym and towards the medical room.

Once she got there the nurse quickly determined that it was sprained and needed a rest for at least a week, at this Angel deflated until the nurse handed her a lolly, and bandaged her wrist before wishing her luck for the matches; reminding Angel that sh had forgotten something very important about herself.

- - -

Shoes squeaked on the polished floor, balls hitting the floor rhythmically and although all the sounds were so normal an soothing for the boys they were all worried sick.

Haru, who was helping with a warm up, noticed it on the Aoba Jousai boys almost the second Angel jogged out of the door. Their brows creased, lips being gnawed on and fingernails chewed. Oikawa was especially distraught, realising that he was missing the to play one of the greatest players known to his generation.

Iwaizumi kept an eye on him, aware of the constant glances to the door and the way he would bring his hands to his face and rub it harshly as if to remind himself of the current circumstances. Eventually he stopped the captain, pulling him to the side as the drill continued in the background.

"Calm down, Trashykawa. You will freak out the rest of the team of you act like this."

"I laughed at her Iwa-chan. Laughed." A hand scrunched into his locks pulling at them exasperatedly and then both hand flew into the air as if trying to prove a point, "If it's a serious injury that could be her career done for. And when she will look back at it I will be one of the three idiots who laughed."

Iwaizumi opened his mouth to reply, but could not form the words to comfort friend, because he too was worried for the girl who had become almost like a sister to him. Then just a he too was about to break down a hand landed on both of the boys' shoulders.

"You haven't been here for long, but I have. Trust me when I say she will be fine. The whole of my team are used to her injuries, and so is she. Sometimes a few cracks here an there show the true value of things. So please don't worry about her, she would hate it if she knew what you two wee thinking." And as Haru walked back to the drill, looking over her shoulder she added, "I think looking back in that memory it would've happy for her because people laughed and didn't just fuss. Something that small wouldn't irritate her."

With those words, both Kuroo and Bokuto's shoulders dropped from their tense positions; they two had been worried about what the blonde would think of them upon her return.

Once the warm up was in full swing again the doors swag open to reveal the captain, green eyes sparkling and hair pulled into a messy ponytail. They boys all ran to fuss over her and see the damage to which she brandished her heavily bandaged wrist.

"It's fine - just a scratch." She laughed as they all gasped, shocked, "I only have to rest this one for a week as well!"

"This one?" Kageyama questioned.

Then Angel leapt over to Karusuno pulling them into a huddle, "boys I can still play!"

"Sam-kun, I hate to be that person. But your wrist says otherwise." Sugawara replied gently.

"No, Kou-chan dot apologise! You are indeed correct. This," she gestured to her right wrist,"is out of commotion. The other however is in perfect working condition."

"But you're not left handed, Angel-Senpai! It would be better to have you coaching us from the sidelines." Nishinoya replied.

"I'm ambidextrous." Angel replied swiftly, waving off the notion with a bandaged wrist.

"Ambi-what?" Hinata questioned slowly, his face scrunched in thought.

"It means I don't have a dominate hand. I can use either to play or wrote with."

The team nodded excitedly before the began to discus techniques for the first match, against Fukurodani.

07/02/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow