HQ C.15: Drowning

Summary: "It was times like this I felt like I was drowning whilst everyone around me swam with ease."

Notes: bippity boppity booyah~ just another chapter of fluff as i put off writing the mini tournament... sue me i just really enjoy writing fillers.

Sitting on the porch outside of the boys dorm, I pulled my trainers on and flipping my head upside down to pull my hair up, and looking into the space between my legs I noticed Bokuto and Kuroo sitting behind me; smiling innocently upon seeing me.

Quickly I tied my hair into a ponytail and then whipping around I spoke, "If you are down there looking at my butt, you better come up with a good excuse before I triple the training." I smirked at the end, watching their reactions, they knew they had been caught in the act.

"No, we were not admiring your finer assets." I raised my eyebrows in amusement as they began to stumble over their words.

I shrugged whilst laughing before I turned back around to begin my run when a tap landed on my shoulder, I jumped slightly and then turned again, fists ready in self-defence. My attacker, however, raised his hands up in defeat, brown eyes locking with mine as he spoke, "they were waiting for me, we were gonna go jogging this morning, you know to warm up before the first matches of the tournament."

"You guys can run with me," I returned with a knowing look and then I had turned my back around and was jogging, much slower than usual along my path.

It was calming, the steady feeling of my trainers landing on the dirt path that was ingrained in my memory and it times like this I yearned to hear. To hear the birds, that would be chirping away as the sun illuminated the trees, the sound of quickened breaths and not just the feeling of my heartbeat in my head; but the sound of the wind howling and the boys that were probably chatting away behind me. It was times like this I felt like I was drowning whilst everyone around me swam with ease.

I began to run faster without realising until the burning of my legs caught up to me as my bench neared and then I dropped to it glancing back to see the boys still jogging quite far away. I smiled slowly, pulling out my sketchpad to get my mind onto anything apart from the feeling of drowning. It had always been harder for me to take my mind of unwelcome thoughts as that was all I really had in my mind most of the time, my thoughts.

 Although when I wore my hearing aid to important family gatherings, meeting fans and matches I refused to wear them all the time as then it would seem as though I believed I needed hearing to be classed as normal, but also, I realised that I showed those similar to me that they could do whatever they set their minds to.

I looked at my sketchbook and saw waves overlapping and crashing against each other and as I glanced back up wondering why the boys were taking so long I see two of them in the distant bent over a figure and instantly I've placed my sketchpad back into its pouch and am sprinting towards the boys.

When I got there Oikawa is lying on the floor on his side, groaning. His hands clutching his right knee, which is bent and the boy stand next to him freaking out, as I can see their hands waving around frantically. 

"Both of you run back, one get the first aid kit, the other find and get Haruka."

Then they had both sprinted off and I looked down at Oikawa and slowly bent down, placing a hand under his knees and one looping around his back and then picking up Oikawa, I grunted lightly and then began to jog back, until a tapping on my arm caused me to look down.

"You're carrying me like I'm your wife."

I grinned, "Looks like you're back on form, what happened? Are you going to be able to play?"

"It's either something small or I've pulled a muscle and will have to miss the tournament completely."

I sighed heavily and ran a bit faster, "Haru is the best doctor I know if there is any possibility you can play she will make it happen."

Oikawa's arm wrapped around my shoulder where he began to rub my back slowly. He could obviously tell in both my facial expressions and the urgent tone in which I was speaking, I could feel his fingers playing with my hair and I felt my shoulders loosen as I spotted the gym and then I was sprinting, flinging open the doors and then Iwaizumi was lifting Oikawa out of my arms and placing him on a chair and Haru was instantly there asking questions and patching him up.

Then my legs were collapsing beneath me and I realised running whilst carrying someone was not the best idea, and slowly I lowered myself to sit on the floor, hugging my knees whilst wondering if this is how my team felt every time I had collapsed.

A tap on my shoulder and I looked up to see Iwaizumi crouching in front of me, "Sam I owe you, it's nice to know someone else is looking out fo the king of trash."

I forced a smile and instantly I was enveloped in a hug and then he pushed himself slightly away, his warm hands resting on my shoulders, "You need to take what has happened to him as a warning and stop pushing yourself too hard, because that will be you and Haru won't be able to patch you up if you smash yourself into unrecognisable pieces."

 Then I was beaming at him and pulled him a hug whispering a thank you as I remembered that Haru would be leaving and that now was the time to become the best I could be so she would have one last victory before leaving.

We both stood up and then after talking for a bit Kuroo and Bokuto came bounding over,

"Did you run all the way here carrying him?"

"No, obviously I didn't. Tooru-chan actually carried me until the last stretch."

Kuroo fist bumped me and then we jumped at each other chest bumping and then I repeated the pattern with Bokuto.

"So  Hajime, you're going to have to..." I stopped midsentence as I noticed Oikawa, looking absolutely fine, hugging Iwaizumi's torso tightly, as a blush spread over the spiker's cheeks.

"Tooru? Why are you clinging onto him like that? Also is your knee okay?" Oikawa looked up from the hug and then his face creased into a frown, 

"You called him Hajime...  "

I began to laugh and so did the boys surrounding me, "You're rather overprotective."

"Oh, about my knee. It was apparently just a really long cramp."

"So you're fine?"

"So I'm fine."

"So you're a massive princess"

"So I'm a massive, wait what?" Oikawa screeched as Kuroo and Bokuto laughed between them and Oikawa released Iwaizumi to moan at me for calling him a princess.

"You owe your prince this much, Tooru."

There was a pause in the hysterical laughter as he pulled his red face form his hands long enough to say, 

"So I'm a massive princess."

26/01/16

 Vote/Comment/Share/Follow