HQ C.10: Alcohol

Summary: 'Where I'm from there is no sun."

Notes: 1.7K READS! THANK YOU ALL!

*Please do not drink if you are under age *

It was dark, and very cold. After training the boys had been served hot chocolate and biscuits from some other volleyball members in the dining room, thick wooly jumpers, slippers and massive fur blankets as they watched a movie chosen by Haru, who boarded at the school, in the common road.

The lights were dim and everyone was silent, not only missing the absence of Angel whose parents live nearby and the tense music and situation the main character was in.

The girl slowly crept towards the front door and as it creaked open they heard a thud on the common room door. Oikawa let out a very feminine scream followed by a few other boys who had been totally absorbed in the movie.

The movie continued and the characters scream pierced the tense air,  she was currently sprinting from a monster of sorts.

The lights snapped on and they watched a figure slide down the wall, Haru leapt to her feet and sprinted to the body. "Angel! Angel, what the hell happened?" That got the boys attention and they looked at her, blonde hair sticking up in random places.

The television instantly cut off and they ran to her, assuming she was crying due to her shaking shoulders and bowed head but as they neared they realised she was laughing, hard.

"Haru,"  Sam started giggling again, "I can tell you're a volleyball player."

"What are you talking about?" Then Haru groaned, noticing Sam's slightly blushed complexion and alcoholic breath. 

"Because, because Haru you look good on your knees."

Haru blushed, and stood up suddenly before storming out of the room calling, "Clean up your own mess this time, Angel-sama."

The door slammed and Daichi glanced at Sugawara who nodded before following the raging vice captain. Then he turned to Sam and the boys around her, shaking his head slowly as he convinced himself that her drunken words would not hurt him.

But upon nearing the crowd he realised a breath he did not realised he had been holding, Sam was a flirty drunk - not an angry one.

"I love you boys, you're all so cute."

"what do you think about me?" Hinata inquired.

Sam's eyes snapped open and her back straightened as she stared straight into what felt like his very soul, "Where I'm from, there is no sun."

"I'm not a sun."

"At first you bubbly personality seems a bit too much, some would even say off-putting. But once you have endured prolonged exposure you realise that the first time you are acquainted with the piercing light of the sun's rays it might feel like the source is obnoxious. Never letting you cower away and hide from the rays but then you start to feel healthier, newer, like you have shed a skin you never want to climb back into."

Every jaw of every boy's mouth was hanging open, then Sam giggled before jumping up and onto Tsukishima's back, who desperately tried to shrug her off but she had a vice-like grip.

Eventually Kuroo and Oikawa managed to prise her off and then Sam let out a massive yawn, 'Haru-chan? Where is my Haru-chan?" Then there were tears, massive fat tears streaming down her face and Sam was wailing for Haru like  a baby for its' mother.

Kuroo and Oikawa instantly tried to calm her down, stroking her hair and saying comforting words but if anything the general hysteria increased. Then the door slammed open and Haru was running towards her carrying a blanket, a thermos and in the other a grubby medal holding a dim gold medal.

Sam's arms stretched wide and Haru almost fell into them, pure worry clear on her face. Then as she pulled out of the hug, wrapped the blanket around Sam's shoulders, passing her the thermos full of  mixture of sleeping pills and hot chocolate; did Sam finally stop wailing. Once Sam's vsion cleared up she almost snatched the medal from Haru's hand and instantly got up and shuffled to Haru.

"Go apologise Angel, you scared the boys."

So Angel shuffled around hugging all of the boys and kissing their cheeks, "Sorry everyone." Then she shuffled out of the door leaving everyone in shock yet again.

- - - -

"Is it safe for her to be alone?" Daichi suddenly exclaimed and Haru smiled before nodding,

"She's going towards my room, it's a normal routine so she should be okay."

Most of the boys went back to watching the movie but a few stayed behind to interrogate Haru, too confused to truly comprehend what had just happened.

"So there is only one thing I don't understand, we have been here for 3 months and you just said this was usual so is there a trigger? Or just an addiction?"

"When I stormed outside, and Sugawara came to calm me down he did with a single look. We were standing outside the doors the whole time and I heard her whole 'sun' talk. Angels' family they have issues between them and the way Sam found to wash them down was to drink, in no way is she addicted - I already checked and she replied that every time the burning stuff slips down it fuels her rage more. There was definitely a trigger though, I made her pinky promise me no matter what not to drink while everyone was here."

"So she is addicted then." Kuroo pointed out, "she can't last that long without a drink."

"Believe what you want to but I know my Angel and something turns her into that. But trust me when i find out what or who it is they will get their ass kicked and then handed to them."

The boys let out a few chuckles at the idea of the brunette opening a can on whoop ass on someone but the atmosphere soon got serious again.

"In no ways do you have to answer it, but why did her joke annoy you so much if this is a normal thing for you guys." Daichi questioned slowly.

"Bad past relationships that only she knows what happened in. I needed to cool off having been reminded."

31/12/15

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan