HQ C.19: Black Coffee

Summary: A normal day in the life of a volleyball player, with a twist ending.

Notes: Art creds to http://rinablet

(More Notes At The End Of The Chapter)

Cold black coffee sat untouched on Angel's desk, the blonde had been there to place it down when the class had first started and then had excused herself claiming she had spilt it. Oikawa, Iwaizumi and Sugawara watched the seat as if Angel would magically appear in the scene but an hour into the class they realised she wasn't coming back.

At break time, Haru barged into the classroom dragging Angel behind her, before dumping the blonde in her seat placing another black coffee in front of her with a packet of gum, a sketchbook and a pencil. Then Haru caught the boy's eyes, smiled and bowed her head slightly before going back to her class.

Angel stayed for the next lesson, English. As she opened her sketchbook and her pencil furiously scratched away at the surface it was obvious that although Karasuno had won their last match having shown how much the had learnt, something was annoying her.

The boys, however, knew better than to question her mysterious mood and so they continued to work diligently until the lunch bell rung, signalling the lesson was over. The class instantly jumped out of their seats after being dismissed and ran out the door with the desire to get a legendary pork bun.

In the process, someone spilt the coffee on the floor, shards surrounded by the dark liquid. But no one seemed to notice apart from Angel who glanced at it before placing her hands on the desk and using it as leverage to push the chair back, then getting onto her feet and as she walked out of the room, leaving a small note on Suga's desk with cut off drawings of what looked like plants.

'Can't make the celebration dinner, but Haru can!

Between you boys you can pick the restaurant and when you walk in just mention my full name and you guys get all you can eat free food!

Sorry Kou-chan.

Angel xx'

When the boys had finished reading her note, when they looked up all they got was a glimpse of blonde hair as she left the room. Suga studied the note before sighing heavily and trailing after Iwaizumi and Oikawa to go eat some lunch, as lunch practice was banned.

But as the boys all chatted and joked about their English teacher that spoke with such a strong English accent they struggled to keep up even if he was just speaking in Japanese. However, Iwaizumi had already noticed the absence of his coach as he needed to ask a question about instincts but the brunette was turning out to be as hard to find as Angel.

Oikawa noticed Iwaizumi's tensed shoulders and lazily dropped his arm over them, "What's wrong, Iwa-chan?" Iwaizumi turned to glare at him before shrugging his arm off,

"Angel and Haru are missing," He replied simply before Oikawa chuckled lightly pointing at the doorway where Haru was leaning against a door whilst a boy talked to her, her face lit up when he pulled something out of his pocket and then the two boys looked back at the food, their faces warm at what they had just witnessed.

As they played with their food, two hands gripped both of their shoulders, causing Kuroo and Bokuto to laugh as Oikawa let out a faint high pitched scream, "Wanna come eat in the gym? We're gathering all troops to have a celebration picnic!"

When they arrived at the picnic, the boys had laid out a collection of multiple blankets and all four teams were dotted around them, munching on apple rabbits and drinking the fizzy drinks that the captains would most certainly regret giving them later on.