HQ C.41: Patchwork Team

Summary: The tournament had a hard start but how will it finish?

Notes: Updates will be becoming more regular with more comments (I'm trash)

also this probably won't go the way you expect it to. Sorry.

(More Notes At The End Of The Chapter)

One game down and Sam stood on the court, dazed and for the first time her hands slightly trembled with fear at the idea of letting her team play against some of the nations' best players. It was not because she did not have faith in them, but more than that Sam felt she was letting them down as she had not been the best coach she should have been. Her forehead creased at the thought; before a finger landed between her eyebrows and pushed up, "You will get loads of wrinkles if you do that Sam-chan!"

Hinata grinned at her, before bouncing over to Kuroo who pat him on the shoulder, before grabbing Bokuto by the cuff of his shirt and pulling him into a headlock, ruffling his hair, "If you go into dejected mode, you'll be letting Akaashi down."

Bokuto's hair seemed to spike up at the idea, instantly becoming hyped up, as Sam watched Oikawa sit next to her. The towel that had hung from his neck, fell to his lap as Oikawa's lean hands began to grip onto it, as his knuckles grew white and his arms tremble. "Oikaw-" Sam began before he turned to her, the towel now limp in his lamp as he grinned at her.

"I love challenges, how else would I become better and show the world how perfect I am?"

Sam place her hands over his, calming both of their trembling, "you don't have to pretend to be strong. The only thing that can ever destroy you is you."

Oikawa smiled as she moved her hands back to her lap turning them as if to question what she had just done, but his face betrayed him a light blush and a small smile as he slung an arm around her, "You make me want to tell you secrets I didn't realise I had. Make me reveal the universe living inside me just to hope you could label the difference between the comets and asteroids."

Sam pushed him off and grinned at his widened eyes and mouth slightly left agape, "How about you win before I teach you the wonders of the universe."

Oikawa smiled back before jogging over to Kuroo, where the both began to chat whilst stretching.

Then the bench dipped again as someone else sat next to her, Tsukishima turned pushing his glasses up before leaning forward, "I don't want to play in this match, so can you swap me with Hinata or Akaashi, or whoever was going to be off this game?"

"No."

"Did you not hear me? Sam-san, I don't want to play."

"Give me a reason."

"I don't want to play. Everyone else is so hot headed about winning and I don't mind."

"So why would that mean you should not be playing? Tsukishima, you may pretend not to care but I know what a curse it is to care for something deeply, especially if it has let you down in the past. However, passion can also be a blessing. So you will play because when I say you will."

Tsukishima sighed heavily, clasping his hands together before turning to look at the coach, "I'd prefer not to." All he had to do was watch her smirk as she shook her head to stand back up again and start practicing spiking.

***

Kuroo's hand clenched before it hit the locker again, leaving a small dent in the navy metal, the punched continued until I ran over, my arms wrapping around his torso, and pulling him away until his ankle twisted causing him to fall backwards, as i fell too stuck behind him. I yelped slightly as I landed on an old bruise, before I hung my head.

Kuroo was instantly up and apologising frantically as he watched as my eyes began to water, before I drew my knees up and slumped my head onto them, "It's my fault, don't blame yourselves."

Oikawa was in the corner of the changing room, holding his phone to his ear as he talked to Iwaizumi, trying to find a rational way to deal with what had happened.

The rest of them sat on the benches in almost a state of shock, Bokuto and Akaashi chatting between them trying to calm Hinata down whose face was wet with tears as Tsukishima watched them, taping his fingers up and sighing every now and then.

I was now leaning against the lockers as I slowly pulled the hearing aids out, holding them in my hand, enveloped in the silence I had grown to find comforting, before my hands tightened, I had let my team down. Embarrassed them, and lost the game. All because of him, my head throbbed just thinking of the incident.

Then there was a tap on my shoulder and looking up I watched Hinata's lips moving too fast to decipher what he was saying, however, due to him continuing to gesture to the door I got the hint, stood and walked opening it and ending up face to face with Reiji and Ami, the captain of Gizou and his manager. The two people i wanted to see the least, as they both smirked at me I realised I had very little fighting power in me.

Reiji started signing, it was hard to understand as no matter how good he was at volleyball he had clumsy hands when it came to things not involving volleyball. Then Ami elbowed him out of the way before tiptoeing to my height, so I could read her lips perfectly as she said,

"I want you to fall apart like I did."

I nodded slowly, before drawing back my arm and punching her in the face, but it ended up being Haru who I punched, she stumbled and was steadied by Iwaizumi, who smiled slightly at me before signalling the other two better leave.

I was stunned, as i watched the blood drip from Haru' nose, as she looked up at me, her eyes cloudy with tears and suddenly I was enveloped in a hug. I flinched but her arms stayed steady around me before Akaashi was walking over calmly and started tending to Haru. I quickly placed my hearing aids back in and watched Iwaizumi walking to Oikawa who fell into the spiker's arms, whimpering.

Then I watched Bokuto who was lying on the floor, his arms covering his face and once Akaashi was done he walked to him, grabbing the cuff of his shirt and pulled him up, and Bokuto soon was back hugging Akaashi, who sighed.

Then I turned to Haru and fell to the floor, bowing deeply, "I'm sorry," was all I could say and I did repeating it until her hand landed on my shoulder and she was stroking my hair.

"What has happened does not make you a different person, you are still Samantha Tenshi. Still my captain , their coach, our star player and my best friend. You are still you no matter what has happened or is happening to you."

I looked up and smiled, running a finger down her nose before pinching it, "Why are you even here, skipping class again?"

Haru smiled before cupping my face between her hands, "I was watching my Angel's comeback and it was a mighty one. Regardless of how the last match ended.

You are still a mighty warrior. You are still everyone's angel.

25/07/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

Notes: if you guys comment loads, an update will be happening in the next two days...

This story is coming to an end on chapter 50!!