HQ C.12: Beach Ball

Summary: A contest and prize are revealed. And does a fight hold deeper meanings?

Notes: comment a song you recommend listening to that reminds you of a haikyuu character.

The gym was filled with talking, questioning why the four teams had all been called to the gym and starting up many a rumour as to why only two of the coaches were there.

"I heard Angel-san got kicked out of the team!"

"Apparently they're going to be changing coaches."

"My coach told me that we're all being forced to diet."

When the door slammed open, the gym instantly hushed as everyone turned to look at Haru who was looking extremely annoyed as she wiped her forehead with the sleeve of her hoodie.

"Is Angel in here?"

Everyone slowly shook their heads and then Haru sighed heavily walked back outside where she screamed, "Samantha Tenshi! We do not have time for this!"

Then walking back inside, Haru proceeded to the front of the gym where she then sat down and proceeded to plait her hair. Someone's heavy footsteps were instantly heard in the courtyard outside of the gyms and Sam sprinted in skidding slightly on the floor.

"Sorry, but you know I have to do stuff on Saturday mornings."

Angel was carrying multiple bags, and the boys all glanced at each other in surprise as it seemed as though she had heard Haru's shout although as they had all been informed and reminded many a time Angel was deaf.

Ignoring everyone's questioning stares she walked to Haru where she sat down and rested her head in the brunette's lap, then her hand went to her ear where after pulling out two devices from her ears and placing them in a case that had appeared from his pocket she beamed at Haru who shook her head slowly,

"Your fans and interviews do not take priority over a team you are coaching and especially with an announcement as important as this."

"The interview ran over, totally not my fault!"

The two girls glared at each silently for a few seconds before Haru shook her head and Sam stood up, clearing her throat loudly.

"We are going to hold a tournament between you teams in a few weeks, as I'm sure you would all like to properly test out your new power on old or even new enemies! The winning team gets a week holiday in a hot spring spa so you can all relax your aching muscles!"

The boys all began to cheer and Sam smiled happily before continuing, "Continue to train hard and you will be rewarded! Also, in the tournament, you are allowed to put your coach in as a player. Have fun preparing! Today is a practice free for everyone apart from Karasuno! I have something special prepared for my boys."

Sam then ran over to Karasuno and quickly explained what the plan for training was, "Today we're playing on the beach volleyball courts to help with stamina and to build up your leg muscles more, I'm hoping you've played on the sand before but if not we can work around it. Anyway, you are excused from your activities today. We start straight away!"

The boys all cheered before running to the changing rooms to get into their trunks, following Sam who had already started running to the sand-filled courts.

Instantly the game had begun, everyone was laughing watching both third and first years falling face first into the sand and Sam sat, happy to see the boys having fun whilst wearing a smug grin on her face. As due to the fact that they were having so much fun, they would move more and, therefore get a bigger and better work out.

- - - -

When the boys finally took a break, sweat dripping from the foreheads and limbs aching. However although the boys should have finally felt happy as they were having a break, something wasn't right.

Maybe it was Angel, sitting on he chair deep in thought having not glanced up to comment and shout encouragement or to scold them in almost half an hour. Her silence seemed to almost create a vacuum absorbing all other background noise created by the team; as all the could do was focus on the silence being emitted from their usually easily excited coach. So the his decided to get back to training to try to fill the void of silence - if just for a bit.

Then the gate slammed open that surrounded the courts and a few balls that had just been tossed fell to the sand lifelessly as they surveyed the panting figure at the gate.

"Where's Angel?"

The boys looked around and pointed at the blond, her phone lying unused in her lap, an eyebrow cocked at the figure and the lack of practice going on.

"What do you need?"

"It's Haruka-senpai, it's happening again." The girl's lower lip began to tremble slightly as tears filled her eyes at the thought her senpais in trouble.

Sam leapt to her feet and was sprinting to the door, not slowing to tug her trainers on.

Only a few of the boys followed her because at the pace she was running it would have been hard for the average player to follow.

Hinata, Kageyama were just a few in the group that were following Sam, who seemed to know exactly where to go without hesitation.

The blonde came to a halt when she spotted the group in the middle of the athletics field, she skidded and then ran, less frantically, to the group.

The crowd instinctively parted for her, and Sam became more irritated the closer she got to the middle.

Haru was being held back by a few of the volleyball team as a member of the basketball club was in a similar position opposite to her. As the two noticed Sam they both began to become nervous.

"This again, how many times will you continue these petty lovers quarrels."

A thick blush spread across both of their cheeks and with a wave of her hand, the two were released and the crown dissipated; leaving two kneeling figures and a very annoyed captain.

"Angel, I'm sorry."

Her brows furrowed but soon enough muscles relaxed and fists were released.

"This will be the last time you two,"

The couple looked close to tears and suddenly Sam was crouching down between them, pushing their faces together trying to force them to kiss before jumping up to her feet,

"You two should be more GWAH! And POW! That's what love makes you feel right? Not BASH! And CRACK!"

From the side, the Hinata nodded his head vigouressly, before receiving a sharp elbow to the side from his setter.

"How do you know what it's like to be in love, Angel?" Haru asked, a grin suddenly formed on her face as she awaited an answer she was certain she already knew.

"I just described how I feel when I score and then when I mess up." She replied, before flashing a large smile accompanied with a wink and thumbs up, "although I very rarely mess up."

As the boys all laughed and began to walk back to the courts Angel glanced back at the couple now hugging and crying. This was not a good sign: a fight and then Haru crying.

Something was coming and Sam was unsure she would know what to do when it came.

13/01/16
Vote/Comment/Share/Follow